• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Skeet Shooting - Evans Creek Area

Blueleader

Anybody know if shooting is legal in the areas around Evans Creek? How about around Wilkeson? A few of us want to do some skeet shooting tomorrow and would prefer to go somewhere besides a range.

According to the Pierce County GIS map, there are not any firearm restrictions in that area. Not sure if there are USFS restrictions, though. The foothills Sheriff's office is closed for the day so no luck there.

Otherwise, the Black Diamond Gun Club has open skeet shooting tomorrow. Anyone ever been out there?

I wouldnt get caught shooting up near wilkenson... This past winter I drove up past the Rock quarry to go play in the snow and Ian or one of the other local LEO's were having fun ticketing people..:D Go to a range/club!! that way you know who's out there in the woods:awesomework:

TSC isnt to far away over on Canyon and 162nd..

I wouldnt get caught shooting up near wilkenson... This past winter I drove up past the Rock quarry to go play in the snow and Ian or one of the other local LEO's were having fun ticketing people..:D Go to a range/club!! that way you know who's out there in the woods:awesomework:

TSC isnt to far away over on Canyon and 162nd..

Crap.... so much for that idea. There must be some sort of USFS rule against it then.

TSC doesn't have open skeet shooting on Saturday. Only place I found that does is Black Diamond. I've also heard that TSC isn't too great of a place so we probably wouldn't go there anyway.

We used to shoot out a wilkinson all the time when I was in school saw many game wardens they never said anything about it. Just call the forest service and drive way up in the hills take the second gravel road and drive about 15-20 miles out don't get lost though. There are alot of spur roads mark them if you take them.

long view fiber now owns all that land out behind wilkerbilly its now closed,go out to greenwater or something if you are far enuf away you will be fine .we shoot out here right down the road

long view fiber now owns all that land out behind wilkerbilly its now closed,go out to greenwater or something if you are far enuf away you will be fine .we shoot out here right down the road

Greenwater was actually my first pick since we used to shoot in the gravel pit off FS70 a good 10-15 years ago. Pierce County has a firearm restriction on that area now. Hell, maybe they did back then too.

I'll call the sheriff's office and ranger station in the AM to get the scoop from them.

I tried calling the Sheriff's office this morning but nobody answered the phone. Called the FS office in Enumclaw and was told that I need to drive to their office. They'll give me a flyer regarding shooting and I would need to determine the legality for myself. Great...

So, we ended up going to a range in Ravensdale. Great place, friendly folks, and reasonable prices. Most of us didn't know jack about skeet shooting but they took the time to help us out.

You can shoot anywhere on FS and State land as long as it isn't in a no shooting zone, anywhere near Evans is legal to shoot.

You can shoot anywhere on FS and State land as long as it isn't in a no shooting zone, anywhere near Evans is legal to shoot.

thats what i thought to ....

sorry i should have told you about ravensdale....rite down the road lol

Correct, but please clean up the shells after you are done.
The spent shells left really mess up the place and if you get caught leaving them behind it is a "littering ticket".

Pete

Correct, but please clean up the shells after you are done.
The spent shells left really mess up the place and if you get caught leaving them behind it is a "littering ticket".

Pete

Thanks, I should have posted that as well :awesomework: