• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Skid plate?

06RubiLJ

Ok, I've an 06 LJ Rubicon and I'd like to gain some clearence without breaking the friggin bank, all thoughts, suggestions, ideas welcome. Don't have air pumps to deal with, would like to get the most clearence for my money without doing any welding.

I have seen guys do some cutting and put high fenders in and fit a much bigger tire then i would have thought possible. might be an option.

Start learning how to build things! :haha:

High clearance fenders and a good skid could do alot. Theres quite a few companys out there that sell em ready to go right out of the box.

skidplate though I was liking how barnes did theirs and pretty reasonably priced, even for my cheap ass.
http://www.barnes4wd.com/Jeep-Skid-Plates_c_50.html

The main question is would an 06 rubicon still mate up to the tj skidplate holes... Its an LJ so it should right? be worth calling and figuring out.

Step 1: Put a body lift on. I am assuming you have an SYE. If you don't, get one and install it.

Step 2: Raise your motor mounts 2.5 inches with some rectangle stock.

Step 3: Find you a giant piece of flat steel plate and bolt that fawker to the bottom of your jeep.

Step 4: Profit

Zing, ground clearance. :D

dsc02101h.jpg

dsc02104oy.jpg

KOH2012_002.JPG

Last edited:
You could check rubicon express for a kit. They make an "economy kit" that has cool spacers, cheapest route you can go really.. It comes with longer shocks, and bump stop extensions too. Not too bad for $230

Latest posts