• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sneak peek at my picture for magazine ad!

CHASMAN9 said:
Great ad for your disability. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your prosthesis done? I have a close friend who is in the business and was just wondering.
Fourroux Prosthetics in Huntsville, AL. I recently switched to them earlier this year and I am more than glad that I chose them. They have a fantastic team that goes above and beyond to get done what needs to be done. I originally started out at U.S.A. Prosthetics in Chattanooga, TN which is where I was in the hospital at after I wrecked. USA was a great place until John Buchannan left there around fall of last year and headed to Tupalo, MS to work. He's been an above the knee amputee for over 20 yrs and fit me with a prosthesis before I could even bear weight on my right leg. I wore it for just over a year and had some problems with it due to my neglection of the vacuum system it used, while on a plane ride home from Orlando for work. I then had to get refitted for another prosthetic socket and the guy they hired in John's place just wasn't cutting it. I wasted 5 weeks going back and forth to Chattanooga (1 hr drive), and still was nowhere near fitted right....I told them to eff off, went to Fourroux just to tour their facility and talk with the staff and ended up walking on a prosthesis that they had laying around damn near comfortably before I left. 2 weeks after I switched to Fourroux, I was back at work full time on top of attending college day classes. I live life wide open as a Case knife and that 5 weeks time wasted on all those Chattanooga trips getting nowhere with good fitment, highly irritated me. So you can imagine how pumped I was to find a place like Fourroux. They get you in there, analyze details, and git-****-dun!

Bahama Bob said:
Nothing like being famos..... just don't forget us little people. :dblthumb:

Shiiieeeet, Bob you ain't no little people.... You're Bahama Bygod Bob! :flipoff1:

Sorry to bear about your mishap, but glad it's not keeping you down. People can do amazing things if they want to. Hope to shake hands with you one day. Keep up your inspiration. G.

TacomaJD said:
Fourroux Prosthetics in Huntsville, AL. I recently switched to them earlier this year and I am more than glad that I chose them. They have a fantastic team that goes above and beyond to get done what needs to be done. I originally started out at U.S.A. Prosthetics in Chattanooga, TN which is where I was in the hospital at after I wrecked. USA was a great place until John Buchannan left there around fall of last year and headed to Tupalo, MS to work. He's been an above the knee amputee for over 20 yrs and fit me with a prosthesis before I could even bear weight on my right leg. I wore it for just over a year and had some problems with it due to my neglection of the vacuum system it used, while on a plane ride home from Orlando for work. I then had to get refitted for another prosthetic socket and the guy they hired in John's place just wasn't cutting it. I wasted 5 weeks going back and forth to Chattanooga (1 hr drive), and still was nowhere near fitted right....I told them to eff off, went to Fourroux just to tour their facility and talk with the staff and ended up walking on a prosthesis that they had laying around damn near comfortably before I left. 2 weeks after I switched to Fourroux, I was back at work full time on top of attending college day classes. I live life wide open as a Case knife and that 5 weeks time wasted on all those Chattanooga trips getting nowhere with good fitment, highly irritated me. So you can imagine how pumped I was to find a place like Fourroux. They get you in there, analyze details, and git-****-dun!

Best advertisement I've ever seen.

Maybe one day we'll meet on the trails. I'll shake your hand and offer you a COLD beverage. If everybody had your attitude, America would be in a better place. PD

CHASMAN9 said:
Sorry to bear about your mishap, but glad it's not keeping you down. People can do amazing things if they want to. Hope to shake hands with you one day. Keep up your inspiration. G.

Yes sir, I'm sure we will meet one day soon as well as a bunch of others on here. I like meeting people on here in person, met alot of good people from this site. :dblthumb:

Dillehay said:
Best advertisement I've ever seen.

Maybe one day we'll meet on the trails. I'll shake your hand and offer you a COLD beverage. If everybody had your attitude, America would be in a better place. PD

If we meet on the trails, I will already have a COLD beverage, but will definitely shake your hand and offer one of mine if you were to need one :drinkers:

And I say that all the time, but not in a bragging mannor. If everyone realized what they were capable of doing and concentrated on living life to the fullest instead of all the he said/she said drama with his or hers baby mama/daddy that got caught cheating with the dirty whore that works at Pizza Hut that Facebook is full of right now... People worry about other's garbage too much when they should be focused on their own life and be a little more carefree. Hell I love the life I've been given and when I get ready to cash in one day, I will have completely wore this life out and got the most out of it! :****:

so if you don't mind me asking how much does one of the badboys cost the insurance company.... a friend of mine does carbon fiber work and thought about doin a few on the DL for a few friends for cost of the resin

jewylewy said:
so if you don't mind me asking how much does one of the badboys cost the insurance company.... a friend of mine does carbon fiber work and thought about doin a few on the DL for a few friends for cost of the resin

Well here's my opinion on that. I don't see how he could do anything that anyone would benefit from unless he is EXTREMELY knowledgable about prosthetic legs. The portion that is supposed to take place of the ankle isn't just a fixed joint, it has several adjustable components for different firmness/stability preferences of the patient that are not made of carbon fiber. Then there are points between the "leg" part and the stump Socket that are metal adjustment brackets that allows for alignment settings which will be different for each individual. Then you have to make a socket that the patient is able to support his full body weight with, without any pain whatsoever....I'm not sure how knowledgable you are about prosthetics, but this is one helluva time consuming task...lots of trial and error. The doctors only know what you tell them...they ask where it hurts or is uncomfortable and you have to describe what sort of issue you're having with it....which is sometimes REALLY difficult to do when the nerve endings in what's left of your leg are so messed up that you can poke one side of it and it make nerves on the other side fire off. I mean I just don't see much he could do, just being that he works with carbon fiber.

And I'm on my 2nd one (pin lock system), which costs a little less than the first one (which was a vacuum style leg) , but overall the first one ran about $30k. But that includes ALL aspects of prosthetic parts, long term supplies, and their office visits/tech support, etc....so I'm not really sure what the actual leg ended up costing.

Here are some pictures of my personal leg. The leg/foot portion is a Willowwood Fusion, which is catagorized as a "highly active" leg...and of course it has a urethane foot shell around it to fill up a shoe.

With all my sportbike race stickers on it lol
Sickest prosthetic leg design EVERRR! A7X Deathbat

wwfusion-receiver720.jpg

This is a link to info about the Willowwood Fusion foot.
http://www.willowwoodco.com/products-and-services/feet/high-activity/fusion

And yes!!! Fourroux has an unprecidented staff. Looking forward to a long time relationship with all the good people that work there...I'll need em until the day I die lol. Now that's job security huh? hahaha.