• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snow report

bigred_086

Any new news on snow up at Evans?,I was wondering how many trails are passable?,and about how far you can tow a rig up there?.I was up there last Saturday and there was snow.

We were there yesterday. Tow rigs could make main staging area where the 311 trail starts, chains MAY be required. Probably a foot of snow in staging area, was snowing while we were there. We dumped trailers in Wilkeson and drove the rest of the way up, just because we didn't know how bad it was gonna be. Our trip report and pics are here:

http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24846

I was up there Friday also. I only got about 1/4 the way up past the pavement. My friend put his jeep off the edge once, and in the ditch twice. At that point we turned around. (he had a/t's but I'm saying driver error...)

The road where we stopped was snow and slush with probably 6-8" or snow.

I went today(sunday). decided not to drive all the way. The gravel road was starting to melt by the time we were on our way down. About 2-3 feet of snow at top of upper 311. IMO, if you don't have a front locker and good tires, you'll need a winch. Trails that have been drove on, are for the most part, compact snow with a little mud showing through. If you get to 520, there is ice under the snow in spots