• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snow report?

Mr Stubs

Anyone have a idea on how well the snow is receding up 617 to the rocks? I know that the trails are still closed but I plan on being up with a group right after the area gets opened.

Just wondering how bad it is going to be.

What slide?

And trails open 6/15. There will be a couple suggested reroutes to protect trails from resource damage.

Also heading over that weekend with a few other guys. Care to explain the "suggested" part? Planing on camping off the 1900 and heading up to the rocks on 676 like we do every year, anything I should know that has changed?

we've got a group planning to do the same. Camping and wheeling on the 22/23 off of 19/1902. Looks like our group, "Mud-n-Dents" and some C.O.R.E. members. See you guys there.

And trails open 6/15. There will be a couple suggested reroutes to protect trails from resource damage.

Also heading over that weekend with a few other guys. Care to explain the "suggested" part? Planing on camping off the 1900 and heading up to the rocks on 676 like we do every year, anything I should know that has changed?

More information on the reroutes or a link to where we can find information on them? or is there going to be an info/bullitin board over there to check on?

Thanks!

I will look things over this Friday. I know the following. The 4W676 has a couple areas that need to be avoided due to wet conditions. The 1st is after you run from the start of the trail and come out on the road (FS1903) you follow the road for a short distance and used to enter where a road spur had a berm. That next short section has been abused in the years past and as a result there are multiple routes just to get thru (mudded hill). I will have that section closed and the route is being returned to the orginal route that was lost when a logging operation closed the road (bermed). So take a hard left and go over the worn down berm follow the spur road for a short distance and you will see a Trail Marker (carsonite) showing the way. Follow that route.

Next is an area known as Aardvark Hill or Tree Root Hill. Soils are to wet still for heavy use. This reroute is for street legal vehicles only. When yuo climg on to a road there will be laminated hplastic signs directing you to the FS 1901 road. More signs to the FS 1915 road follow for about 4 miles and a sign will redirect you back to the trail.

None of the area has been logged out. Carry a saw do not go around or establish bypass's. Cut out the trees or turn around.

The entire trail is still wet. Treat if with respect as the soils in this area are easily rutted.

Snow is still on the upper reaches of the trails. Tread lightly

The 4w695 will most likely be closed. Like last year it has snow in a sensitive area and need to be avoided.

I don't know if the Forest Order will be signed and posted be this weekend but the 1st bridge on the FS 1913 from the FS 1900 has the road approach being undercut by the river. The bridge will be closed and if you go into the 4w684 at the entrance from the FS 1900 (Rabbit Holes) you will have to go back the way you came in as the trail is interupted by the bridge closure. Like I say I don't know if the closure will be completed by the coming weekend.

There may be more reroutes. Please honor them. I'll try to update this Friday nite.

I work again this Friday. My work # is 509-653-1431. I am not there during the work day (in the field) but return calls starting at 7am and again when I return late afternoons. If I am expected to return your call remember the phone I use will come up as # not available. Please answer!

Last edited:
I will look things over this Friday. I know the following. The 4W676 has a couple areas that need to be avoided due to wet conditions. The 1st is after you run from the start of the trail and come out on the road (FS1903) you follow the road for a short distance and used to enter where a road spur had a berm. That next short section has been abused in the years past and as a result there are multiple routes just to get thru (mudded hill). I will have that section closed and the route is being returned to the orginal route that was lost when a logging operation closed the road (bermed). So take a hard left and go over the worn down berm follow the spur road for a short distance and you will see a Trail Marker (carsonite) showing the way. Follow that route.

Next is an area known as Aardvark Hill or Tree Root Hill. Soils are to wet still for heavy use. This reroute is for street legal vehicles only. When yuo climg on to a road there will be laminated hplastic signs directing you to the FS 1901 road. More signs to the FS 1915 road follow for about 4 miles and a sign will redirect you back to the trail.

None of the area has been logged out. Carry a saw do not go around or establish bypass's. Cut out the trees or turn around.

The entire trail is still wet. Treat if with respect as the soils in this area are easily rutted.

Snow is still on the upper reaches of the trails. Tread lightly

The 4w695 will most likely be closed. Like last year it has snow in a sensitive area and need to be avoided.

I don't know if the Forest Order will be signed and posted be this weekend but the 1st bridge on the FS 1913 from the FS 1900 has the road approach being undercut by the river. The bridge will be closed and if you go into the 4w684 at the entrance from the FS 1900 (Rabbit Holes) you will have to go back the way you came in as the trail is interupted by the bridge closure. Like I say I don't know if the closure will be completed by the coming weekend.

There may be more reroutes. Please honor them. I'll try to update this Friday nite.

I work again this Friday. My work # is 509-653-1431. I am not there during the work day (in the field) but return calls starting at 7am and again when I return late afternoons. If I am expected to return your call remember the phone I use will come up as # not available. Please answer!

Thank you! Will have to bust out a map and start marking things off on it! Its good to hear there will be signs posted showing closed and reroutes! That will make it much easier to avoid the closed sections.

Thanks for the hard work!

Alright Eric... I will leave this up to you now.

I can bring a saw (not like I dont use one everyday for work)

I will have my map as well.

Thanks again Murkman.