• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snow Shoeing

muddpigg

Any one snow shoe? Can you help me out with some interesting places to go? I'm in Tacoma area. Kinda inexperienced only gone out twice. Just bought my own pair not fancy but should get me started.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Yup. Lottsa good snow shoeing. Lots off i90 too. Gold creek, hyak, granite mt look out, the snow park, stampeed pass. Im sure there is a ton out 410 depending on how far out the hwy is closed. Also a sheet ton out on the olympic peninsula.

Me and the pups went up to Granite Mt look out today. Broke trail for about a mile. Good times.

2010-12-30_14-01-24_999.jpg

2010-12-30_13-39-08_642.jpg

2010-12-30_13-11-46_890.jpg

2010-12-30_12-44-04_422.jpg

And my ugly mug.:redneck:
2010-12-30_13-12-17_973.jpg

OK, so where do you guys go?

What I mean is, do you hit a trail, pull off the road some where, drive to the end of a raod walk as far as you want, etc........

Fully depends. Some trails are marked with little flags, sometimes closed forest service roads, sometimes no trail to be found, besides your own tracks. Its like ultimate offroading on foot in snow :D

I like scouting fun hiking trails in the summer and then going back in the winter on snowshoes. All personal preference. There are groomed areas, Wild steep ****, etc.

The first time we went out was drive as far as possible at Evans then proceed on foot. Last time was off FS 75 past Greenwater looking for Xmas tree.

Money and I have been doing a ton of overnite snow shoe missions, there's some truly beautifull spots up at snoqualmie pass. Rainer and Baker are sweet too. I always like new people on the trail with us, hit money up if you want to tag along and can keep up, i'm not on here very much anymore.

FYI, commonwealth basin is MY favorite

i think id rather hike with a chick:fawkdancesmiley:..or my dogs.i like hunting..guns and blood make me happy..and its out doors..snow shoeing is hiking with snow shoes on..how can you not know where to go...just go up in the hills and get lost...please:awesomework:

i think id rather hike with a chick:fawkdancesmiley:..or my dogs.i like hunting..guns and blood make me happy..and its out doors..snow shoeing is hiking with snow shoes on..how can you not know where to go...just go up in the hills and get lost...please:awesomework:

We do hike with chicks, and mine happens to be real tough. We made a girl cry just last week.

We do hike with chicks, and mine happens to be real tough. We made a girl cry just last week.

thats not nice..my girl smokes like a stove pipe ..and drinks whiskey strait out a the jug.not much on hiking..loves fishing but she is to unhealthy to go climbing up the side of a mountain.she is dam hot and has a bod strait outa play boy.but she dont try to take care of her self.i hike alot to stay in shape for hunting season..iv climbed my share of steep clear cuts all day long ..

It's a real popular thing over here. Quite a few groomed trails to traverse and plenty of FS property if you really want to get lost. The local outfitter rents out shoes, so I have gone a couple times. Not fun by myself, but it is definately a workout.

I just got some cheap ones off craigslist and tried it this weekend. Eightmile by levenworth. Didn't make it to far but had fun and a good workout. GF felt blister early and we ran out of wiskey but I'd do it again.

Latest posts