• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snow wheeling 11/27/2010

E30Newbie

Yea, we had a great day to say the least.

A few pics I got and a few videos.

Tree # 2 that we had to cut and remove.

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

The first tree that we cut out needed a good tug with the winch to move.

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

Another tree needing removal.

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

Few more:

Someone was happy to be going along for the ride.

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

Finally I could not plow any more. Had to back-up, remove the mountain of packed snow and start a new run at it.

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

Where I stopped.

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

IMAG0294.jpg

I'm kinda a **** but, thats the first thing I thought when I saw the pallets too. :eeek:

I'm fine with being a ****. If you're going to burn make sure it doesn't have metal in it. There is NO easy way to get all of those nails that get hot, melt through the snow and wait for the next guy.:rolleyes:

Didn't mean to start a **** storm for ya...

Just chalk it up to a lesson learned...:awesomework:

Does look like a good time though...:cool:

Yah, I second what HOT Karl said... that black cheby is :cool: but umm, what do you haul on the roof?:eeek:

Didn't mean to start a **** storm for ya...

Just chalk it up to a lesson learned...:awesomework:

Does look like a good time though...:cool:

No problem, I take no offense. The sad news is that I have had lots of fires like that over the years and have never thought to pickup the nails afterwards. The better news is this may be the only one where another vehicle would drive over the spot the fire was actually at. I will have that at the forefront of my mind next time though, you can guarantee that.

Yah, I second what HOT Karl said... that black cheby is :cool: but umm, what do you haul on the roof?:eeek:

Thanks for the props on my pickup. Its actually blue, but it does look black in most of those. We built the rack ourselves and I have only had my spare on it a few times and camping gear another time. I have always liked the look of "safari" type vehicles so that's why we made it like we did. I am over 300lbs and I can jump on the very front edge and it does not move. Someday I will find a good use for it :D

dont burn pallets at all

Welcome to the party. Hope you feel better.

LOL

FWIW, I checked the pallets at the shop that we snagged and they are indeed stapled together. Not saying that a staple wont puncture a tire but after a good burning I feel much better inside knowing that the chance of the burn pile ruining someones day is not so high anymore.