• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So dont leave you batterie on the charger

Brian H

to long or it will explode . 4 of the cell went caboom.They sound like a shot gun when they blow up. I pulled the batt off the charger and put it in my crawler......I smelled somethin burning but the batt wasnt that hot......i started to play and noticed that the batt started to smoke. I took it off the crawler right away and set it down on the porch....as i walked away the batts blew up .Glad i got them off the axle in time as the batts blew a chunk off my porch. Time for a new batt now.

whoops. I leave mine on all the time--my charger goes in to trickle charge once done..

What kinda charger was it?

whoops. I leave mine on all the time--my charger goes in to trickle charge once done..

What kinda charger was it?

Hobbico ac/dc auto charger 900. It has trickle charge as well. I stopped by yesterday but you werent home.

Hobbico ac/dc auto charger 900. It has trickle charge as well. I stopped by yesterday but you werent home.

The problem with those chargers--you cannot control the amperage or the peak--easy to loose control olf a cell and have it go boom---why I prefer a programmable one.

Ya we were up north at my folks

pics of porch and battery please. is this a charger with a timer? I have a vision peak ultra and I hope this doesnt happen to any of mine.

pics of porch and battery please. is this a charger with a timer? I have a vision peak ultra and I hope this doesnt happen to any of mine.

This charger does have a timer.Here are your pics.

Attachments

• batteries go boom boom 006.jpg
    batteries go boom boom 006.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 143
  • charger 001.jpg
    charger 001.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
thats crazy! never seen a nicad do that:eeek:

does anyone have any lipo damage storries or pics?? I have heard they are dangerous if used improperly:corn:

Brian I can't make it out in your picture but i see that doesn't have an adjustable amp rating, but it says the amperage in the top right corner.

It looks like either a 2 or 5, either way thats too big for your batteries. It looks like your running a 2/3A 1500 size cells, so you should charge at a MAX of 1.5 amps, and only charge them till they are warm. If I'm wrong ignore me...just going off what I could make out.

Brian I can't make it out in your picture but i see that doesn't have an adjustable amp rating, but it says the amperage in the top right corner.

It looks like either a 2 or 5, either way thats too big for your batteries. It looks like your running a 2/3A 1500 size cells, so you should charge at a MAX of 1.5 amps, and only charge them till they are warm. If I'm wrong ignore me...just going off what I could make out.

It was a 2000 0r 2200 batt. The charger says 1 amp on th top right corner and it has a 5 amp max.

I wonder how you control the amps then if it says 1 amp then 5 amp max. The fact that it exploded like that makes me think it was charging at about 2 amps.

I'd try and return it for a decent charger, you can pick up a vision or dynamyte brand for $30 that has settings so you can choose the amps.

Brian, you can't leave a battery on that kind of charger. When the time runs out the charger automatically goes to trickle charge and will never stop charging because there is no peak detection on that charger.

When your batteries are dead, just recharge them when you are done, they can set until you are ready to use them again. Just charge them half of a full charge to let them be until you are ready to go out and use them.

Latest posts