• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So i bought a 51 Whilly

Hip

it was parked in 1981 because of a bad front wheelbearing.

two year plan.

i started taking it apart after a good pressure washing. the pressure washer took out some of the rotten sheetmetal.....good thing i dont plan on keeping much of that:clappy:

i think the radiator is intact. still had good green antifreeze in it.

driveline looks completely intact other than some rusted brake lines.

Horseless Carriage here i come.

more as it happens

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 2,589
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 2,583
  • Ill take it.JPG
    Ill take it.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 2,594
up past arlington...funny story my pizza dude kept telling me about his dad had these two jeeps for sale but he did not even know what years or models so i just figured dee de dee...

so my friend jason was over talking about this old 53 willys in a farmers field for $400. i told him i want it sight unseen.

turned out to be $500 and a 51 but it comes with a spare supposed running engine:redneck: clear title:flipoff:

so then the pizza dude... delivers my pizza and freaks out because :wtf: thats his dads jeep he was telling me about:haha:

not complete on the plan yet. streched some, tube chasis, with cj3a lookin skins.

still considering engine options. kinda thinkin adapting my porsche engine to a chevy auto...203/205,sixtys, links, hydrosteer.

with the horseless carraige it only has to resemble the original vehicle:super:

maybe just go with the 4.3??? which i dont have.:booo:

i have the porsche car i can get a lot of cool stuff off of. it has major electrical issues in the printed circut dash stuff so it is worth more as parts than a running vehicle.

i have the jeep to wheel so i can take my time and get creative:cool:

Hip said:
not complete on the plan yet. streched some, tube chasis, with cj3a lookin skins.

still considering engine options. kinda thinkin adapting my porsche engine to a chevy auto...203/205,sixtys, links, hydrosteer.

i have the porsche car i can get a lot of cool stuff off of. it has major electrical issues in the printed circut dash stuff so it is worth more as parts than a running vehicle.

crusty has a 4.3 he might be willing to part with. What about just movin your chassis from the current rig?

Hip said:

I love the horseless carriage plate there tight i have one on my 41' willy's but they do have some strange rules but you hardly get pulled over for some of the BS rules on there and you can normally talk yer way out of it pretty dang easy

Toyotanut said:
crusty has a 4.3 he might be willing to part with.
What's left of it... It's a surpentined long block at this point. I robbed the harness, throttle body, ignition controller, etc. etc...

CrustyJeep said:
What's left of it... It's a surpentined long block at this point. I robbed the harness, throttle body, ignition controller, etc. etc...

thems the most important parts right there.

i hate wires so i want something complete so i dont have to make a harness. did that for the jeep and dont want to go there again.

probably will mostly be determined by any adapter price.

kinda scared to call advanced.

i been told to search some dune buggy forums its done all the time there:D

well went out to get a donor vehicle for the motor and ended up with two complete 92 blazers....for the price of one.

one has a know blown tranny, the other the engine dont run. looks all there so i havent looked into it yet.

had to charge the battery and hook up a few wireing plugs that were loose and it fired right up.

now if i can make the other one run before i take it apart i might be able to sell it for good money. its real nice.

like any carcass i have to hang it in the yard for a few days to admire them and let the blood run out:flipoff:

i want the best running motor. the rest will be made into a running vehicle if i can.

so no ECM for you don....back o the line. next

J/K all

i am not in a rush so i wont be doing much other than finding out whats wrong with the motor on the nice one (93). if the motor is bad then it will become the spare parts motor and the rest will get parted. but i would be keeping the ecm sorry again don:D

the 92 other than engine is available for parts now, minus motor and all wiring. the tranny is bad. rest is not bad, its lt blue inside and out.

ok been a while and i have a plan pretty much formed up and part implemented.

going the 4.3 connected to a TH350 to a 203 to a 205 to a dodge sixty in front and ford sixty out back.

35 spline alloy somethings for axels.

ARB front Detroit rear

Links and coilovers

4 seats

couple of picts to show the drive train assembly.

Attachments

• P1000002.JPG
    P1000002.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 799
more progress

decided i wanted to mount my york in the factory location so i can use the factory belt:D

Attachments

• P1000003.JPG
    P1000003.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 785
  • P1000004.JPG
    P1000004.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 782
  • P1000010.JPG
    P1000010.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 785
  • P1000011.JPG
    P1000011.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 775
the doubler

clocked flat and made to hang from the mount.

taurus two speed was sitting on top of the engine when i opened the hood at pull a part:redneck:

Attachments

• P1000006.JPG
    P1000006.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 768
  • P1000007.JPG
    P1000007.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 775
  • P1000008.JPG
    P1000008.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 862
  • P1000020.JPG
    P1000020.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 757
lookin good hip!! :awesomework:

when can you take the yellow one out and play :booo: ? we need to go wheelin.

any time with some pre arranging for mom coverage. you guys never invite me anymore....:looser: i agree i NEED to get out more