• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So it begins..............

Ok, it's time for me too revive this thread. I have been pretty busy with other things in life and haven't had the motivation to tear into the runner yet.........up until yeseterday.

Mig'd Horse and I got together and started hacking out the rear suspension.
Picture018.jpg

We only ran into a few hickups, like when i was dropping out the tank, the hardline to the fuel pump wasn't doing anything but getting rounded of. Up until i realized that i was trying to turn the wrongside of the connection....:mad:

After that our next problem was one of the bolts on the spring hanger had siezed in the sleve in the stock bushing. so out came the the lil propane torch.
Picture008.jpg

Didn't help so we busted out a angle grinder and 15 mins of grinding through super harnded steel we had the rear axle and everything out
Picture011.jpg

After that we tacked the of the spring hangers in place and called it a night.
Picture015.jpg

Now we are debating what kind of shackle angle to we want from the springs w/o any weight on them.

Vertical
Picture016.jpg

or just slightly kicked back?
Picture017.jpg

Let me just say it's nice to finally make some progress on this thing, Mig'dhorse and i don't have much time to work on it but we are shooting to have suspension and everything done in about to two weeks.

Then my 37 MT/R's i just snagged up are going on there :cheer: :cheer:

Last edited:
i would go a little less vertical towards the / side of things. youll get more downtravel out of it. looks good so far.

A friend at work has these exact same springs on his tacoma, and he set them up around vertical (w/o any weight on the springs) and now he has about 50-60 degree shackle angle.......

johnboy: thanks for the input

i think i might tack up the other hanger and mount the other spring just to get something done tomorrow. i'll see how late i have to work. 10-12hr work days kill you sometimes.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are still making progress. The Rear springs are all mounted up and we have moved on to the front.

We are preping the frame for the front hanger, and we should have it rolling in a just a few days.

I would post pics of the progress but i left my camera in the runner at my buds house

It rolls but it still needs more work done. I need new front and rear drive lines swap in both of my new thirds, and do my rear shock mounts then it's WHEELING!

Yesterday i threw in my new rear driveline and new 5.29 third, then took it out for it's first flex shots.

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

Last edited:
It coulda gone further but I ran outta room and my rear tire is all bound up on the body so i need to trim $hit up