• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SOB run sand Lake

archer66

Here are a few pics from Saturday at Sand lake.

My rig

poser
beach-twist.jpg

poser
beach-twist-frnt.jpg

Some action and playing in the Tualitin earlier the same day
action1.jpg

creek-2.jpg

Some Vids at Sand lake just screwin' around and one climbing the Bowl in 2wd

And some pics of the assorted early bronc's

dsc00082.jpg

dsc00084.jpg

dsc00088.jpg

dsc00089.jpg

Last months 4Wheeler cover boy
dsc00090.jpg

dsc00092.jpg

dsc00093.jpg

dsc00107.jpg

It was a good time .. I was only able to spend around 3 hrs there due to a family accident earlier in the day.... hope to do more next year.

Sven

Great pic's my Brother was down there with his score class 3 #303 early bronco with the big oly style wing. He said he got some pics so I'll try to post some when I see him next.....but who knows when I'll see him next

Comet said:
Thanks for posting those. I gotta make it down there some day.

Yep it was alot of fun , I was only there for a few hours because our family dog had gotten hit by a car earlier in the day and was in the "doggy" hospital in Tillamook.

Iv'e been wanting to make this run for years and still haven't been able to spend a whole day there. :mad:

Oh and .... the dogs doing OK , looks like he'll pull through with no major complications.

killer pics, good to hear pups ok, i wanted to make a trip this summer but i just got the jeep finished this weekend, no more time left

Archer, was that you that was playin on the front bowl in 2wd when I was stess testing the d35/d30 in my chero on it?

JT Law said:
Archer, was that you that was playin on the front bowl in 2wd when I was stess testing the d35/d30 in my chero on it?

Yep that was me. Saw you slamin' around putting some air under the tires.:beer:

archer66 said:
Yep that was me. Saw you slamin' around putting some air under the tires.:beer:

Yeah, and them 4 babes in that TJ never once came over to say hello after that either, lol

Who'da thunk dry powder sand could feel so hard on landing :D

I could tell i was testing the leafs pretty good, had it bottomed enough on the bounces that I have tire scrub on the inner panels out back almost all the way up into the wells :cool:

Can't wait till I can afford a stroker for it, it's running a once-siezed 170k+ engine now that drips more oil than a 50's panhead :beer:

One of the things I have on my list is a set of air/oil bump stops. I had mine in the air a few times over the weekend.

The cuties in the TJ just don't know style when they see it :redneck:

A few more ponies is always a good thing. I was testing new fuel system mods. Before at 4-6000 up the bowl it would run the bowls dry in the carb... that's cured.

I also discovered the new suspension up front will let me run 60+ mph over most of the whoops in the 2' + range like those that were in the area coming off the flats to go up to the top of the front bowl. yee - ha!! :D

Wish I had recognized you as a member here I would have talked at you some while we were there.

Looked like the jeep was working fairly well, the leaves were soaking up most of what you were tossing their way :D .

LOL

I have sidewall scrub 4" up the inner panels on the rear, so I musta come realllllll close to reverse arching them.

Heading out today to try it again but got some folks meeting me with a campin permit so I can get em to tape it if the engine holds up (not running happily since last weekend for some reason) :D

If I get some decent pics and vid I'll post up tonight.

Latest posts