• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired SOLD!! 99 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4 454 SOLD!!

untchabl

On the Rocks
Need to sell my 99 Suburban, I bought this last year to use as a tow rig/camping rig. Got it home and was going to replace the injectors and intake gaskets but that snowballed into going thru just about every part of the engine. The end goal was reliability and towing capability when dragging my buggy anywhere we decided to go. However a few weeks ago I bought an 8.1 Suburban so the 99 needs to go.

99 Suburban K2500 174k miles
7.4L 454 & 4L80E
4.10's, G80 limited slip, full float 14-bolt axle

All parts listed are new and have less than 50 miles on them.

- AC Delco 3-row radiator & radiator cap
- upper & lower radiator hoses
- thermostat
- AC Delco water pump
- AC Delco spark plugs, plug wires, cap & rotor
- camshaft position sensor
- both coolant temperature sensors
- AC Delco intake manifold gaskets
- all other gaskets are Felpro (oil pan, head gaskets, valve covers, rear main, exhaust manifolds, etc. No cork gaskets)
- Cloyes timing chain
- AC Delco harmonic balancer
- Melling oil pump & pickup tube
- motor mounts
- oil cooler o-rings on block
- Sealed Power lifters
- Felpro head bolts
- coolant overflow reservoir
- serpentine belt
- idler pulley
- battery
- I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of other parts

I pulled the entire engine out of the truck. Sent the cylinder heads to the local machine shop to get checked out. They were cleaned, resurfaced, got a valve job, etc. The bottom end/rotating assembly wasn't touched. The cylinder walls looked great, no ridge at the top, still had cross-hatch, etc.

I installed 98 LS1 injectors to replace the notoriously troublesome stock injectors. Sent the ECM to Black Bear Performance to have him tune it for the LS1 injectors and to get a bit more power from the engine. Currently setup for 93 octane but can be retuned to 87 octane easily.

AC blows ice cold and it has front & rear heat/AC.

Have several extra parts to go with it.

Needs new tires. Current tires are pretty worn out, doubt they would pass inspection.

Asking $5500. Not interested in any trades. Have more pics and can take specific pics if needed.

SOLD!!!

Re: 99 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4 454

Now that's how you do a for sale thread! Damn I like this thing! Worth every dime of asking price to me! Driver seat ain't even wore out! GLWS!

Pisses me off you didn't post this last week before I bought a new tow pig. I'd be driving this today. :flipoff1:

Re:

Could you tell a difference after the black bear tune?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Re:

zukimaster said:
Could you tell a difference after the black bear tune?

Honestly I don't know. I drove it maybe 20 miles total after buying it before I tore it apart. But it feels really strong and everything else is stock. You have to have the computer retuned with the LS1 injector swap. But the LS1 injectors and the tune were a lot cheaper than just a stock replacement set of injectors.

MUCH want....
Wanna swap for a couple jetskis, a beat up golf cart, and 2 or 3 unfinished project vehicles?

No?, well ok, good luck with sale then... Sharp rig and prolly underpriced.

Re:

Yes, this vehicle is underpriced, these things are ultra rare, and to find one this nice and all this work done! Last one I seen was a 97 model traded in at a new car store here in town, it was fugly ass blue, and all stock with steel wheels, they put 4500 in it and it brought 5600 at the car sale! This is a buy!

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Just want to get my money back out of it, if it has to go to Craigslist then I'll up the price on there to cover the hassle/headache that comes with those idiots.

Wanted to show this little bit of damage to the right corner of the rear bumper.

thats an awesome buy.

Curious and hopefully you dont mind this as its kinda offtopic. hows it compare with the newer 8.1 you replaced it with?

I haven't driven either one enough to give an opinion on that. I originally wanted an 8.1 but got the 454 since I couldn't find a decent 8.1 Burban in my price range. Then I found an 8.1 Burban a few weeks ago and couldn't pass up the deal I got on it. Wish I could keep both after all the work I put into the 454 but I have no need for 2 Burbans.

I've had several 96-99 body style Tahoes/Suburbans and I really wanted the 01-newer body style so that's why I got the 8.1, I've driven/rode in a couple buddy's 6.0 GM 3/4-ton trucks and I'm just not impressed with them for towing. Passed on several nice 01-newer Burbs cause they had the 6.0.

My buddy has this same truck in white and it will flat pull a one ton rig fast as you want to go far as you want to go. Not much horsepower but lots of torque. He keeps his as a backup to his diesel. Says it's worth more to him for that than how cheap they sell for. This is a good example. Glws

Still got it. Put it on Craigslist at a higher price, so if you call/text about it let me know you're from hardline.