• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired sold Nice 82 scrambler on 44s, steering rockwells, linked,etc.

b.boyd

First let me say I am considering selling my "family" vehicle. I have a buggy and I do not need to sell this vehicle. With that said, serious inquires only. I built this jeep in 2006. It has been garage kept and used mainly as a family trail vehicle with occasional harder use.. It is well built, well maintained, and a reliable nice vehicle. There are a lot of details to it so if you have a question contact me. I have attached specs and a few pictures. My wife would like a RSZ instead of driving the "family" 4 seater. So if you have a nice RZR with money to boot as needed please contact me. The jeep was on the cover of the October 2012 issue of JP magazine with a full feature.
my email is [email protected]. or 9316362425. Located in middle TN, Price is 21,000$
Only video I have from 5 years ago. Speaks to how well it has been kept.

video link: hale mountain 7-18-09
82 scrambler with title
Body: oem custom firewall and trans tunnel, rear wheel tubs. Windshield frame is in great condition with excellent glass with NO CRACKS OR CHIPS IN GLASS( NOT pictured).
NO RUST in body. completely sanded and painted with IMRON paint.
Frame: custom 2x4 square tubing .188 wall tubing. Cage, tubing and frame powder coated by superior powder coating in Nashvlle. Cage is a mix of 2 in and 1 3\4 .120 wall tubing.
Engine
SBC 355 9.5 to 1 compression, world heads, edelbrock pro flo 1000 cfm fuel injection with Mallory distributor designed for fuel injection, custom ceramic coated headers, MSD plug wires,140 amp alternator.. spare alternator, starter, Mallory electronic distributor for fuel injection.
On board air that will run impact wrench,driver side nerf bar is air tank. Mounted on poly bushings.
Painless wiring harness, light switch, accessories.
Push lock fittings and aeromotive fittings on all lines, fuel, brake, trans.
Be Cool radiator//module kit including 2 14 inch fans with custom aluminum shroud. One fan thermostat controlled one manual control.
Optima yellow top battery.

Transmission
Th400 professionally built and well maintained. Transgo shift kit standard valve body.TCI torque convertor and flexplate. B and M trans cooler with 10 inch spal fan and thermostat (175). Second band m stacked fin plate cooler for additional cooling. Cooler lines are aeromotive push lock hose with push lock fittings.
B and M shifter, with modified gate to allow free shifting from forward gears to reverse .

Transfer case
NP205 transfer case with 32 spline front output added, and twin sticked.
Front 1350 front yoke. 1410 rear yoke. Both yokes are converted to u bolt style yoke. Spicer joints.
Custom steel th400 to np205 adapter.
Note: Transmission and transfer care are mounted on poly bushings on cross member elevated and safe above skid//plate cradle. Also, custom tail support on poly bushings well out of harms way.
Interior:
Auto meter phantom gauges and Tach.
Mojave heater, made by flex lite in excellent working order.

Custom soft top made from same material as used by Bestop, converts to bikini\safari top and has "tonneau" cover for covering fuel cell. Uses body rail set up and velcro like conventional cj and yj jeeps. Side windows are removable as is rear window. Doors are soft doors that have removable top half. ( not pictured)

PRP competition competition seats in front, with water proof covers ( not shown). Rear seat is standard jeep rear bench covered by PRP water proof cover.
RJS harnesses in front driver and passenger. Rear standard lap belt.

Axles
2.5 ton steering rockwells. Detroit lockers front and rear, Mohawked.
Factory shafts all the way around. Custom boot guards, and pinion brakes with drilled rotors (by hand). 6 extra new boots.
Brakes: hand drilled rotors, 1987 Mazda b2000, toyota 4 wd front 2 piston calipers(89 -93),Wilwood master cylinders , one for front and one for rear for separate use of each, although can be used together..Stainless flexible brake lines into calipers. Painless brake switch.
New tie rod ends.

Hydraulic steering:
REAR:
Electric solenoid divider made by Parker with industrial outdoor grade joystick by OEM controls to control rear steering.Only has 5 amp draw.
Steering lines are PSC field repairable lines (steel liner).
Cylinder is a PSC single end ram, 2.5 inch diameter.
FRONT:
Steering ram is single end PSC ram,. 2.250 diameter.
Eaton 9.7 cubic inch load reactive (return to center) orbital valve (purchased new).
Modified "p" pump with custom aluminum external reservoir.
Can turn front and rear at same time.

Suspension:
4 links front and rear.
Front Links are 2 in .250 wall DOM front(2 spare links) and rear uppers are 2 inch .250 wall DOM.
Rear lowers are high clearence double stack .188 wall. ,1 3\4 DOM.
Currie Johnny joints all the way around with 9\16 grade 8 greaseable bolts. 6 to 8 spares. Tool included for assembly\disassembly of Johnny joints.
ORI struts ,14 inch front and rear. Front have remote reservoir.
Fox 2.0 bumpstops in front.

Driveshafts: front is 2 inch .120 wall DOM tubing with 1 3\8 automotive grade long slip. 1350 yoke on transfer case side, 1410 at axle.
Rear driveshaft 3 inch .188 wall DOM. 1410 yokes on both ends.
Fuel cell is a 24 gallon, custom aluminum cell built by Triangle Engineering back in the day, safety foam inside mounted to cage. NO CRACKS EVER with amazing quality welds. Two fuel filters one before pump, one before injectors.
Fuel pump Walbro 392 ( capable of feeding 600 hp). Fuel line is aeromotive line.
Mount for high jack to bolt onto back of cage.
seats hard mounted to cage as are harnesses and fuel cell.
Tires: 44 inch tsls. Rock rash and gashes. Mounted on 15 x 10 MRW rims. Aluminum 6061 1/2 thick beadlock rings.
Two spare tires, 44 tsl mounted on 15 x 10 rim with 1/2 thick outer aluminum ring, fresh powder coat, possibly two more extras.
Winch: Warn m8000. Motor replaced two years ago with new motor from DB electrical .Winch rope 125 feet, never broken.
Hand held CB radio.

Attachments

• scr resize.jpg
    scr resize.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 129
  • scrm resize 3.jpg
    scrm resize 3.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 132
  • scram resize 6.jpg
    scram resize 6.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 101
Re: Nice 82 scrambler on 44s, steering rockwells, linked,etc.

more pics

Attachments

• resize 5.jpg
    resize 5.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 92
  • scr resize 2.jpg
    scr resize 2.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 94
  • scr resize 6.jpg
    scr resize 6.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 92

pic of inside
pic of top
one of spares ( both spares look the same)

Attachments

• top resize.jpg
    top resize.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 81
  • resize 7.jpg
    resize 7.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 80
  • back side resize.jpg
    back side resize.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 108
  • resize 4.jpg
    resize 4.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 102

Road with this rig . Great deal for the money . Super clean drool

Somebody loan me some money!!! I would buy this thing in a heart beat!! This is one of the nicest rigs you will ever see. Brain doesn't cut corners on anything he builds. Man I want this!!! drool drool

I have read and read, can you put the price in large bold print please

tt

tt