• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

sold the runner and built a hilux

dava flav

i've always been a minitrucker and when i tried to build up the runner it just wasnt working for me lol. so i sold it and built this.
it was shot for street trucks mag on sat and the total build time was 2 months and a week. it was sitting for 6 years when we pulled it out of the weeds.
HOK candy beer bottle brown. really sparkles in the sun like a beer bottle. then more like a brownie in the shade.
bagged and stockfloor bodydropped
22rblock 20r head big cam 38 weber high comp
all powdercoater or painted even all the bolts and strikers for fenders hood doors
line-x was done by jeremy at line-x in kirkland
all the interior was done by matt at all city convertibles and customs in kirkland
all the metal work and suspension was done by me at DBD autosport
all the paint and body work was done by brandon and Brand-x-customs in lynnwood.
the block and head were machined and assembled by accurate engines.
009-10.jpg

011-10.jpg

012-8.jpg

013-7.jpg

008-13.jpg

014-8.jpg

016-7.jpg

019-7.jpg

021-6.jpg

037-1.jpg

0806001915.jpg

dammit dave, I had no idea that was your truck. I woulda said hi if I had known. Looks killer :awesomework:

whats up with the S10?

dammit dave, I had no idea that was your truck. I woulda said hi if I had known. Looks killer :awesomework:

whats up with the S10?

ahh **** son i totally forgot bout you being there lol..
the s10 is sleeping in a enclosed trailer lol.. its one of those projects that i want to be done right, no cut corners. should be done for next years slam.
this is actually the only thing i have to drive right now if you can believe that.
we built this super cheap thanks to friends and sponsors.
thinking about making the trip to west coast nationals with this and the filtherado the white ext cab with green flames..

oh and whoever is marks roomate on here you can see his rabbit truck in my tailgate lol

Sweet truck , I had one when I was 17-18 ,
I started building a 71 datsun earlier this year but would of gladly built a hilux.

Edit , just went through the 400 pics , damn guys good job . I hope my datsun turns out half as nice

Last edited:
You should bring that sweet beast down to Puget Sound Toyota Owners Festival on Oct 3rd. We always have a good turn out of the old 2wd trucks and I want to see that thing in person!

Sweet truck , I had one when I was 17-18 ,
I started building a 71 datsun earlier this year but would of gladly built a hilux.

Edit , just went through the 400 pics , damn guys good job . I hope my datsun turns out half as nice
thank you very much!
You should bring that sweet beast down to Puget Sound Toyota Owners Festival on Oct 3rd. We always have a good turn out of the old 2wd trucks and I want to see that thing in person!

do you have any info for this, like date and location.
ill def drive out there.

That thing turned out awesome. I really like the little changes like LOLUX stitched into the seats :awesomework: I haven't seen that color in a couple years it looks old skoo. Did you give it a name yet?

That thing turned out awesome. I really like the little changes like LOLUX stitched into the seats :awesomework: I haven't seen that color in a couple years it looks old skoo. Did you give it a name yet?
thanks
they are probe wheels and we sanded the caps smooth and put lolux stickers on them thanks to mark as well. i got floor mats coming too with the embroidery
we wanted this to look like a old school mini should done right.
What kinda air ride you runnin?

Things sick man...I'm not much of a mini guy but I'm diggin' it.
slam 6" bags up front
contitech 2600 rear with 2 link with trac bar
4 smc 3/8 valves and 3/8 line
nitrogen and two switches.
i keep my personal **** super simple. set it up right and you wont have any problems this thing drives so smooth.
all the brackets and tabs for everything were cut out of plate with a plasma by me.
I thought I recognized that caddy.

Looks sick Dave, nice work. :awesomework:

thanks
tell mark to come get his damn redbull i have 6 4 packs for him:beer:

Latest posts