• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

some progress on the one ton hoopty

just picked up my datsun from idaho that i bought 6 years ago...it was tough enough to convince momma that i could bring it over to our new house. If i bought tires right now i would really be in the doghouse if ya know what i mean!

2012-08-19_15-18-27_317.jpg

2012-08-19_15-18-11_383.jpg

1969 510

just picked up my datsun from idaho that i bought 6 years ago...it was tough enough to convince momma that i could bring it over to our new house. If i bought tires right now i would really be in the doghouse if ya know what i mean!

2012-08-19_15-18-27_317.jpg

2012-08-19_15-18-11_383.jpg

1969 510

Trade ya!!! Bad ass 510! I passed one up a few years ago and have regretted it since.

:swing:

Cool Datsun :awesomework:

Awww come on! You know I was messing with u!!:masturbanana[1]:

i really like the datsun, it is a pretty rough shell however, structurally its in a lot better condition than some but it has its fair share of rust...as in a lot of rusted out ****!

Ok so its been a long time since i've done much to the toyota. I bought some H1 centers from Jaws and finally got around to finishing the wheels.

First I had to slow down my drill press to punch out the lug pilots to 5/8"...a lawnmower pulley should work ok I suppose...watch your fingers :)

the centers fit nicely in the rims. I pushed them in as far as I could go, 4.5" backspacing

Decided on a white black combo for paint. Mounted up the 39.5 rockers with some pvc inserts.

and here she sits

I'm thinking I'm not Evan's friendly....86" bulge to bulge :D Oh and I got a winch :)

You'd probably still fit at Evans. Sam has had his jeep up there and its on full width 60's, it's tight but it fits between the posts.

Oh and you live across the fence line from one of the guy's in the Jeep Club I hang out with (Hombres), we were up there for a bbq a month ago and I recognized your place. I can't recall what we bought/sold from each other but I recognized your truck in the drive way.

You'd probably still fit at Evans. Sam has had his jeep up there and its on full width 60's, it's tight but it fits between the posts.

Oh and you live across the fence line from one of the guy's in the Jeep Club I hang out with (Hombres), we were up there for a bbq a month ago and I recognized your place. I can't recall what we bought/sold from each other but I recognized your truck in the drive way.

Yeah, Jim and Sherry, thats funny....I think I was painting my rims in the yard when you guys were all out there lol, I can't remember why but I knew there were 4x4 guys there....someone drove a jeep or something. When I first moved in they were telling me to go to some of the hombres meetings and see what you guys are about. Next time you're in the neighborhood say hi.

You should come up to a couple meetings, or better yet tag along on some of the trail runs, the runs are always more fun then meetings for obvious reasons. Plus we need to start growing the club. Gavin, Logan and myself went up to Elbe last weekend for some more rowdy wheeling. I believe the club is hosting a weekend up at Evans in late July, should be a good time.

I sold the dime pretty quick, lot of tire kickers...well...craigslist flakes rather....but i think i got 650 or 700 for it.

hombres are going to evans on 27/28th? or naches? if its naches i may try to head that way that weekend.

the dime went to a good home, the guys from everett and i guess he's hell bent on building it up into a nice car (good luck !!!)

moved my axle forward an inch and built a new bumper with my buddy jon, then took the rig to naches, its nice to have the suspension aid of 39.5 tires with no psi in them :)

next on the list is a chevy tc power steering pump and hydro assist...and i need to get to work on a rear bumper and installing my front shims to correct my messed up caster.

I've been working most weekends so who knows how many more trips i'll get out this summer...time to make some money i suppose

Last edited: