• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Some troll keeps deleting my craigslist add

creepycrawly

Yep, I am livid. Some troll has deleted my CL add for a pair of turbos 6 times in the last 24 hours. I gave up on posting them because I feel like it has become a game to them now. The add is 100% within the rules for craigslist. The only thing I can think of is that I am selling the turbos cheaper than someone else has one listed for and knows that nobody is gonna buy their junk with mine right there. I even put in the add that if they had an issue with my add, they should email me and discuss it rather than flagging it, thinking it was some Craigslist Nazi. No luck. I even split the 2 turbos up into separate adds and changed the wording to make sure that I wasn't somehow tripping the craigslist autobot flagger. No Effing clue, unless it is just some punk deleting them for shits and gigs. If thats the case, it 100% worked because I am frustrated as hell. I hate to throw them away, but I am that mad. Rant over. :-X

Have you tried posting other stuff? Sounds like your account is flagged.

Someone is definitely screwing with you. A single flag wont get one deleted. It takes several flags to my understanding. Like dozens.

matth_85 said:
Have you tried posting other stuff? Sounds like your account is flagged.

This actually may be the case. I bounce back and forth between north MS and Anniston, Al and have stuff posted in both places because I make the 4 hour drive regularly. Maybe they don't like that. Lets see what happens.

That makes more sense. Its really hard to get a ad flagged and removed by a single person. It takes multiple different IP's flagging it.

I took the MS add down. Let's see how long the AL one makes it this time. Maybe I was wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. Seems like they would notify you and let you know why they were flagging your junk.

Are you sure you're actually publishing the ads?

After you get it all set up on the site, you'll get a confirmation email to publish the ad.

:****:

ridefast said:
Are you sure you're actually publishing the ads?

After you get it all set up on the site, you'll get a confirmation email to publish the ad.

:****:

Yep Actually posted. Then deleted. Even with the MS add taken down for the turbos, one of them has already been deleted in AL. The other one is still up. They are different adds for different turbos. At this point I am starting to think it is not a troll and is actually the automated system or a CL employee that doesn't understand the difference between the factory Garrett turbo and the aftermarket one, despite different descriptions. I am just gonna let it simmer for a while and see if thats the case.

I really don't have any idea why you're having adds deleted, but since you brought it up there's a lot of adds that should be... Like the guys that post the same item every day, sometimes multiple times the same day just to keep their add close to the top. If I'm looking for something you're selling I'll find it even if add is a week old. Sorry to go derail just made me think about that issue.

Anyway good luck with your add.

I have a few things about craigslist that pisses me off also.

1. Why can't guns be sold but hookers can be found?
2. Like stated about why can someone post the same thing 97 times a week?
3. The worst for last. Why when someone post something are they able to add two pages of things that will make their add pop up when it has nothing to do with what I am looking for

The rules actually state that your posting can be deleting if you resubmit it more than once every 48 hours. You are also not supposed to "tag" items by posting the random 9 million words that have nothing to do with what you are selling. I don't do either of these things because there is no need. If you are looking for **** I am selling, you will find it without me adding the words honda or civic to the add for a turbo for a 7.3 power stroke.

I don't know why you can't sell guns on there other than the fact that craigslist is a Commiefornia based entity. I blame lawyers.

You can definitely find hookers on there...but then again, if that is your thing, you can find them most anywhere.

The turbos fit an 01 7.3 power stroke. The first one is the factory one that was pulled at 130k because I thought it was bad. Long story, but it wasn't the turbo. It has very minimal shaft play and is ready to bolt in. I want $100 for it.

The second one is a no name aftermarket replacement for the stock one. Bought it and the 4 bolts that holt the compressor housing on to the pedestal were not torqued from the factory and backed out. They sent me another one and told me to keep this one for my trouble. Both wheels on it look good and it has about 150 miles total on it. It would need to be torn down and inspected. the actuator for the flapper valve on the exhaust side is also removed. Inspect it and put it back together and its basically a brand new turbo. I want $75 for it.

Didn't mean to turn this into a classified add.

Also....i hate Nigerian scammers. :gtfo:

Re: Re: Some troll keeps deleting my craigslist add

creepycrawly said:
The rules actually state that your posting can be deleting if you resubmit it more than once every 48 hours. You are also not supposed to "tag" items by posting the random 9 million words that have nothing to do with what you are selling. I don't do either of these things because there is no need. If you are looking for **** I am selling, you will find it without me adding the words honda or civic to the add for a turbo for a 7.3 power stroke.

I don't know why you can't sell guns on there other than the fact that craigslist is a Commiefornia based entity. I blame lawyers.

You can definitely find hookers on there...but then again, if that is your thing, you can find them most anywhere.

The turbos fit an 01 7.3 power stroke. The first one is the factory one that was pulled at 130k because I thought it was bad. Long story, but it wasn't the turbo. It has very minimal shaft play and is ready to bolt in. I want $100 for it.

The second one is a no name aftermarket replacement for the stock one. Bought it and the 4 bolts that holt the compressor housing on to the pedestal were not torqued from the factory and backed out. They sent me another one and told me to keep this one for my trouble. Both wheels on it look good and it has about 150 miles total on it. It would need to be torn down and inspected. the actuator for the flapper valve on the exhaust side is also removed. Inspect it and put it back together and its basically a brand new turbo. I want $75 for it.

Didn't mean to turn this into a classified add.

Also....i hate Nigerian scammers. :gtfo:
This add has been flagged due to racist remarks about Nigerians!!!

infamous1 said:

HAHA! Nice try! I said I hate Nigerian SCAMMERS!

On a serious note, I just posted my winch there. It is not and has not been posted anywhere else on craigslist. Lets see if it is account related or not.

infamous1 said:

I almost spit water on my screen when I read this! laughing1

Put them on ebay, you'll get a legit buyer and probably get more $. Dont get me wrong, I think ebay are greedy cooks, but it will turn up buyers. CL is good for some things, but you also get the local ****heads that only want it if its close to free or trade for their junk. The draw back is shipping...

Also might try one of the diesel boards :dunno:

Thanks for the suggestion. I just feel like shipping is too expensive on stuff like that to make it worth it. As far as the diesel boards, I don't want to be one of those guys who joins the forum just to peddle his junk. Some dude that needs a turbo for his 'stroke and doesn't have any money will come along and get a heck of a deal. I threw away a perfectly good pair of hp D44 shafts last weekend because I didn't want to deal with the craigslist retards. Guess I should have chunked these too. Oh well.