Sosebee's Performance Bouncer Build -- Affliction

Re:

Tilden pro series lsx oil pan.
84bc66f382bd2146b802be6b9221b1f6.jpg

[/img]
4c9c7a74ba8107166d9081036d84bbfd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re:

Also got a couple shave covers from Barnes 4wd. Gonna have to drill out a few of the holes that don't line up on one of them but overall a good product for the price. Also got a vented pan for the tranny. Had the transmission built by guy here in town that does alot of drag cars. Hopefully she'll hold up.
671b4efb43bef253d4f775b22b04de57.jpg
86bda5c6a6fbc79ce0115993069343b9.jpg
fb923e0093b1629d2f572431cb6b288d.jpg

Re: Affliction SPO Bouncer Build

Nice small battery and mount from XS Power Batteries. Talked with them at the expo and figured I'd try them out. Got a new optima and mount sitting on the shelf too in case it's not up to the task.
eac3478005191571274801f38f3eeeec.jpg
c0a413bfebd03e0d3b6c68dc5b14058b.jpg

My goodness brother .. Gotta be a good feeling having all those parts .. This thing is gonna be sweet! Man I sure wish I had that flexplate. And the trans out. God I dread that. When u said Ga for a second I thought U was bringin it on down to THC fab. Hahahaha. Can't wait to see finished!

fltruckwash said:
Nice small battery and mount from XS Power Batteries. Talked with them at the expo and figured I'd try them out. Got a new optima and mount sitting on the shelf too in case it's not up to the task.
eac3478005191571274801f38f3eeeec.jpg
c0a413bfebd03e0d3b6c68dc5b14058b.jpg

I was running the same battery, It worked wonderful also unreal for as small as it is. Then suddenly on a trip to Hale mountain it just quite working. Sent it back because it is still under warranty. They have had it a month and no word on it. I have called twice and each time a nice fellow said they will get right on it. Not real impressed with the customer service yet. Hopefully they will do right.

extremetownie said:
I was running the same battery, It worked wonderful also unreal for as small as it is. Then suddenly on a trip to Hale mountain it just quite working. Sent it back because it is still under warranty. They have had it a month and no word on it. I have called twice and each time a nice fellow said they will get right on it. Not real impressed with the customer service yet. Hopefully they will do right.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be making a phone call 1st thing in the morning inquiring about that. One thing I can't stand is shoddy customer service. I was informed when I spoke with the man they have a 3 year free replacement warranty with fast turn around if there was to ever be an issue....

And did you speek to the vendor you bought it from or to XS power?

Well i got in touch with xp power this morning. They will not warranty my battery because of high resistance and it will not take a charge. That is the reason i sent it in for warranty. They explained to me that it was due to sufflication ,due to being discharged. Well i explain to him that ,i started it Friday morning loaded it, went riding,rode all day , rode till 2:00 am. Got up saturday and rode till evening with out a problem. I was heading back to camp and it started missing, roll close to camp and it died. Battery dead not even the little light on my switch would come. He said that will happen when a battery reaches the end of it's life. Just as a side note ,when i bought the battery i bought a Ctek smart charger that has leads you install on the battery. After every ride i would hook it up and let it maintains charge. They did say they could sell me a new battery for $98.00 . My first one lasted 7 month and apparently had no warranty, so i said no thank you. I guess it is back to Yellow tops for me. I really did like my cute little battery.

http://www.kinetikpower.com/ <----Check these guys out if you still want a little "cute" battery. There used to always be arguments Kinetik vs XS at the dbdrags, but the kinetik have always impressed me. Got one that's probably 5-6 years old still going strong in the daily with a 3000.1 pulling on it since the day it went in.

I feel like I can add some decent battery tech to this thread. Awhile back I had a Stinger battery (another car audio batt) **** the bed and now that Optima quality isn't what it used to be I went on a mission to find a good battery.

I initially was going to go with the Diehard Platinum. We all know they are rebadged Odyssey's which are great batteries, I run them in my boat and have had good luck, and you have the Sears warranty (3-4 years depending on model) which is a plus. However, my battery box was custom made to the Stinger and I have little to no wiggle room on size. The Diehard was about 1/2" too wide for the box. I ended up going with an XS Power battery. It was a perfect fit for my box, they seem to have a great reputation for making a hardcore battery, and Summit has them in stock which is 1 day shipping for me. Not as good as local but I'll take it. So far it's been going strong for a couple years now.

Another battery I researched was the Northstar Batteries. Derek West runs them in his Ultra4 buggy and it looks like he's pimping their stuff on their website which is kinda cool to see another battery maker put some marketing into that segment. They are made in the USA and all the reviews I found online were positive. There's also a JP test floating around where the Northstar supposedly outperformed Odyssey, Diehard Platinum, and Optima in their torture tests. Northstar has a 4 year free replacement warranty. The problem with these was trying to source them. No dealers local to me. That's when I found that Batteries Plus sells these batteries under their own brand, X2 Power (not to be confused with XS Power). I don't know how many of you have a Batteries Plus around but I have several all within 10-15 minutes. Another plus, they add a full year to the free replacement warranty. So, you get a kickass AGM battery, made in the USA, w/5 year free replacement and local support if your junk shits the bed unexpectedly.

The dimensions of the Northstar/X2 Power battery are virtually identical to the Odyssey/Diehard Platinum meaning it wouldn't fit my mount, otherwise I would have gotten the X2.

I think I'll be happy with my XS Power but I think that X2 deal from Batteries Plus is a winner. Their website sucks donkey ass but this is the one I was looking at.
http://www.batteriesplus.com/product_search/44095-Dual-Terminal-X2Power-Premium-AGM-Battery-SLI34--78AGMDP.aspx

Which is this...
http://buy.northstarbattery.com/p/nsb-agm-34-78-battery

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for the info redneckengineered....

I'm going to give these guys a shot and see what happens. Hopefully it will do a good job. If not then all will know....