• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spool options for Dana 70 rear?

Nikwho

Hey all, I've got a Dana 70 out of a SWR 2000 Dodge Ram 3500. Curious what my options are for a spool out back. Going into my buggy. Wanting to keep it simple/cheap. I've read about people running a D80 Spool with different bearings and some spacers. Are there other good options out there? It has a factory limited slip, but I'm not sure that is a good option.

I had actually found that, too. I was hoping that there was a cheaper option out there, since there are D60 spools for like $160... I would just weld it, but not certain I can with the factory limited slip? Perhaps you can? I just had it in my mind that you couldn't weld up the limited slip like you can an open carrier.

I had actually found that, too. I was hoping that there was a cheaper option out there, since there are D60 spools for like $160... I would just weld it, but not certain I can with the factory limited slip? Perhaps you can? I just had it in my mind that you couldn't weld up the limited slip like you can an open carrier.

I guess not, but I bet you could find an open carrier pretty cheap/free to weld up.

All the spool options I know of for 70s are pricey. Never understood why that was the case.

Do you have your gears yet? I've got a set of used OE Spicer 4.56s I've had for years. They're not perfect, but would be fine in a trail rig.

I guess not, but I bet you could find an open carrier pretty cheap/free to weld up.

All the spool options I know of for 70s are pricey. Never understood why that was the case.

Do you have your gears yet? I've got a set of used OE Spicer 4.56s I've had for years. They're not perfect, but would be fine in a trail rig.
I actually don't! And was seriously thinking that I'd ultimately run 4.56's, since I have so much reduction in the double cases! I'd definitely be interested in them!

Latest posts