• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SRRS EVENT 3 HAWK PRIDE PICTURES AND VIDEO

patooyee said:
Not seeing a Todd or a Pucket on the SRRS standing list ...
think he said it was a supercharged v6 He not on list because he signed up late or something he was able to run but times didn't count for points right spelling is Todd Puckett thinkn he lives in ky

Supercharged 3.8 gm motor. I think they came in buick roadmasters. I think grandnationals had a 4.3.

patooyee said:
I just know me and a few other "non-competition" rigs ran it in the dark that same night and it was the easiest obstacle we hit all weekend. We all made it up very easily and quickly.

Maybe joke wasn't the right term, I didn't mean it to be an insult. When you add time and competition to even flat ground things tend to get more hairy. It was just a very easy hill IMHO.
One thing the srrs guys worked on this year was making sure the people that pay to watch can see and get to the hill. Then it needs to be a hill that everyone can make usualy in less than a minute. The plan is to get the races over without alot of carnage or fliping over because nobody wants to be stuck in the same spot all day watching extractions of destroyed buggies. Its set up more like drag racing than a werock course. Its suposed to be line'em up and go get it all done, then get some riding in before dark. :dblthumb:

BUG-E J said:
One thing the srrs guys worked on this year was making sure the people that pay to watch can see and get to the hill. Then it needs to be a hill that everyone can make usualy in less than a minute. The plan is to get the races over without alot of carnage or fliping over because nobody wants to be stuck in the same spot all day watching extractions of destroyed buggies. Its set up more like drag racing than a werock course. Its suposed to be line'em up and go get it all done, then get some riding in before dark. :dblthumb:

I was impressed at how fast everyone was to the scene of a roll and the subsequent extraction. Especially with Randall. People were literally running to his buggy before it stopped rolling. And I was not at all bored being a spectator on the first hill, probably BECAUSE I was able to get so close to the action. Again, "joke" was a bad word to use and did not imply my intended meaning.

4byfan said:
Supercharged 3.8 gm motor. I think they came in buick roadmasters. I think grandnationals had a 4.3.
[/quote

buick grand national came with a 3.8 turbo thumb.gif

454tbacon said:
I wasn't there but by looking at the videos how did Hillbilly Delucks beat Bobby?????????
we run our series races a little different than the way ran the hill comp at Coal Creek when you guys were up there. With multiple races all season long using combined times wouldn't work out that well, so an accumulated points system is seemed to work best for what we do. It may not be perfect but it is simple and easy for everyone to understand. We really appreciate these types of discussions, it helps us to see what people like and what they don't like and ultimately helps us to make a better experience for everyone involved, from the racers to the spectators to the park owners, and everyone out here in YouTube land. Thanks to all those who attended and we hope you, JJ, and you Mr. Tim Bacon can make it out to more of our events, we really enjoyed having the Bacons involved with the Coal Creek race!
The SRRS Team

I know I like this sport, but next to off road pro trucks and top fuel, this is getting about as extreme as it gets. ESPN needs to pick this up. Love these videos guys!