• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SRRS EVENT 3 HAWK PRIDE PICTURES AND VIDEO

I wasn't there but by looking at the videos how did Hillbilly Delucks beat Bobby?????????

Re:

Was wondering the same. I was there in person and it sure seemed like Bobby was faster than about anyone else with the possible exception of that last v6 rig on the second hill. I figured Bobby or that guy won for sure?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That second hill looks a little more challenging than what they usually run, Great videos cole I missed this one but I will catch it on the You Tube

Dvaughn1971 said:
That second hill looks a little more challenging than what they usually run, Great videos cole I missed this one but I will catch it on the You Tube

The first hill they ran was a joke. I don't know if they planned on it getting more difficult as rigs went up, but really it just got easier.

The second hill was a mother ****er. The ledges were undercut and bad enough to where you couldn't get a running start at them. The ones who tried just ended up ricocheting off and rolling back down. That meant you couldn't carry much momentum.

Best explantion I can give is look at points and how it works. Bobby did decent (by looking at times) on the first hill and Justin did really well. Unfortunatly for Bobby lots of people blazed the first hill. That ended up making his points WAY lower than normal for a good run.

Now look at second hill. Bobby blasted the second hill and Justin struggled a lil. Once again unfortunatly for Bobby not that many people made the second hill. So that helped Justin and hurt Bobby. Look at points standpoint only view.

Hell look at me I made both hills (very slow) but made it. I got lots of folks that finished in front of me and didnt even make the second hill. Its all in how the points are done and attempt to keep playing field level.

Does this make any sense?? Hell if I know just trying to explain something I dont fully understand myself. :****:

civicmindedex79 said:
Best explantion I can give is look at points and how it works. Bobby did decent (by looking at times) on the first hill and Justin did really well. Unfortunatly for Bobby lots of people blazed the first hill. That ended up making his points WAY lower than normal for a good run.

Now look at second hill. Bobby blasted the second hill and Justin struggled a lil. Once again unfortunatly for Bobby not that many people made the second hill. So that helped Justin and hurt Bobby. Look at points standpoint only view.

Hell look at me I made both hills (very slow) but made it. I got lots of folks that finished in front of me and didnt even make the second hill. Its all in how the points are done and attempt to keep playing field level.

Does this make any sense?? Hell if I know just trying to explain something I dont fully understand myself. :****:

Where is it explained how the points are done? I didn't even know there was points, just thought it was fastest time to the top.

1st hill was a joke?? Really? I personally wouldn't label a hill that racers can race on a joke. If I recall there were several not make it, several get hung up and it wasn't exactly a highway. There were a couple fast lines and getting out of the groove didn't take much of a bobble. It was absolutely not a make it or crash it hill like the 2nd but it was a great hill to race on IMO

Points are some rendition of this..

1st - 40
2nd - 36
3rd - 34
4th - 33
5th - 32
6th - 31
And on from there

5 points for attempting the hill
2 points for breaking the start beam

crawlin85cj said:
1st hill was a joke?? Really?

I just know me and a few other "non-competition" rigs ran it in the dark that same night and it was the easiest obstacle we hit all weekend. We all made it up very easily and quickly.

Maybe joke wasn't the right term, I didn't mean it to be an insult. When you add time and competition to even flat ground things tend to get more hairy. It was just a very easy hill IMHO.

SilverStarCustoms said:
Each driver gets points for each hill. Here's a link that should help.

http://southernrockracing.com/rules-info/

Here's the current standings.

http://southernrockracing.com/points-standings/

Hope this helps.

So the fastest time on hill 1 got 40 points? And then the fastest time on hill 2 got 40? And each competitor's combined total between the 2 hills is what determined their final place in the end? That makes sense because Bobby definitely wasn't the fastest on the first hill.

I have no beef with the way they do their points. But if you add up their total time for both hills, Bobby killed it. I think this is why we were confused.

Sorry about the misunderstanding,didn't know about the points,just thought you combined the two times and the fastest man won.

Can anyone tell me the name of the driver of the last buggy that hit the second hill? I'm interested to see how he did ... I think he was running a V6?

This will never happen, but if there were more than one laser point, say 3 or 4, you could time the rigs at multiple sections to see where people are picking up time. For instance, that last rig to run hill 2 did just as good, if not better, than Bobby on the actual obstacle. But then there was that section of dirt hill after that wasn't really a challenge, just a speed race. I bet he didn't do nearly as good as Bobby there. It would be neat for the racers to see where they need to pick up time in the future, and therefore how they need to tune their rigs. And if you wanted to get really complicated, you could weight the harder sections so that there wasn't such a huge advantage of having eleventy billion horsepower. Granted, the motors are most of the fun.

patooyee said:
Can anyone tell me the name of the driver of the last buggy that hit the second hill? I'm interested to see how he did ... I think he was running a V6?

Do you remember what the rig looked like? There were a couple here that I didnt know. Always good to meet new folks.

I can see how the joke comment could come across wrong but you said it exactly right JJ. When you add speed and competition everything changes for sure. I will be the first to tell that I feel like I overpowered the first hill and thought it was gonna be harder than it was.

civicmindedex79 said:
Do you remember what the rig looked like? There were a couple here that I didnt know. Always good to meet new folks.

I can see how the joke comment could come across wrong but you said it exactly right JJ. When you add speed and competition everything changes for sure. I will be the first to tell that I feel like I overpowered the first hill and thought it was gonna be harder than it was.

Pretty sure this was the rig I am referring to:

VID_20130622_115705_499.mp4

IIRC, he went up the same spot as Bobby just as fast, if not faster. Getting to the spot and after the spot was probably a bit slower due to not as much engine I would guess.

patooyee said:
Todd pucket think that's how spell it same ole boy that rolled off showtime at last years srrs finals nice dude

NTIDWELL said:
Todd pucket think that's how spell it same ole boy that rolled off showtime at last years srrs finals nice dude

Is it a V6? 4-cyl? I couldn't tell, just could see the weird aluminum intake.