• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Stak 3 Speed $1000 obo make offer

tc1

I have a stak 3 speed 27 spline input passenger drop 1350 non cv yokes 3.05 5.44 gears jumps out of gear swapping out for atlas. It is still in the rig and will be coming out this weekend price is $1500. Located in cumming Ga will ship on your dime

I will post pictures as soon as it comes out

Re: Stak 3 Speed

TWF is selling a replacement shaft that is supposed to fix the popping out of gear issue.

It does fix the popping out but makes it damn near impossible to shift between ranges. (with a cable shifter)

matth_85 said:
It does fix the popping out but makes it damn near impossible to shift between ranges. (with a cable shifter)

I bet. Mine has standard shifters w the new shaft and I have to let it roll to switch between the gear ranges.

Tim's case was in my buggy, and I swapped to an Atlas. Tim took the case apart, replaced all the bearings, etc. However the dimensions of the center shaft are not the same as the TWF fix. It's possible a solenoid activated shifter would solve the problem. Tim's going to dig into the internals when it's out of his new rig.

It is the old version of stak so the shaft doesn't fit. I already ordered the atlas and just don't want to put any more into the case. I am going to pull it apart and make sure everything I did is still good( i.e. no bearing failures). I am open to all reasonable offers just won't need any more.

It will be out tomorrow, pictures to follow. pm me with any reasonable offers I want this out of my way quickly. Price Drop $1300

Not to muck up your for sale thread Tim. But do all Stak 3 speeds have this issue, or just some of them?

But it is a bump all the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All good, I will keep my eye out for an update

And from the research I've done on them, its really hit and miss with them popping outta gear, some do some don't.

Thanks, guess I will slap the one I bought off of here in soon and see if it's a good one or a bad one, just thought if more of them had problems than not I would buy the replacement shaft before I installed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark its 50/50 out of the 5 of them i have rode with or worked on 3 jumped out of gear 2 didnt. I will say this after being inside one and in an atlas the stak is a lot tougher of a unit internally. I would equate it to a 205 on the size of the internals.

tc1 said:
Mark its 50/50 out of the 5 of them i have rode with or worked on 3 jumped out of gear 2 didnt. I will say this after being inside one and in an atlas the stak is a lot tougher of a unit internally. I would equate it to a 205 on the size of the internals.

The stak is DEFINATELY beef inside. I think it is based on a 205.

The new Hero case "looks" like a Stak and was developed around it I feel certain. I think he just worked out the issues that Stak never would. You may could call TWF and see what info they could offer.