IMG_7243.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_7244.jpg
    IMG_7244.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 150
Re: Start of a U4 Chassis

Indy Will said:
Could probably ship it to you for about $100 bucks

Cheaper than gas fo sho. Any pics of the rear lower mounts / that bottom rear sub chassis. Shipping wise you talking Fastenal kinda deal or what ?

Curious...what is the idea behind the miter cuts at the mid points of the A and B pillars? Looking at Eric's chassis the front appears to be done similarly to yours although the rest of the "beltline" tube appears to be a single piece from the A pillar to the rear of the chassis on Eric's.

Just looking for insight...

clemsonjeep said:
Curious...what is the idea behind the miter cuts at the mid points of the A and B pillars? Looking at Eric's chassis the front appears to be done similarly to yours although the rest of the "beltline" tube appears to be a single piece from the A pillar to the rear of the chassis on Eric's.

Just looking for insight...

I'm pretty sure the idea is strength. Bending a tube stresses the material and potentially creates a weak point. If you look at a trophy truck chassis, you will see mostly miter joints and minimal bends.

It also allows you to have a cnc cut and cope all the tubes. Makes it easier to sell as a kit, or for a race team, speeds up the build process esp when using chromoly.

Also, it makes the roof, or the front clip, or the rear clip easier to cut off and start from scratch with no open tubes to connect into. Simply grind it down to the shoulder line bar and start over. Or so I've heard....I've never had to do that...just driving to church on Sunday and all...