• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

start up troubleshooting

Wickedyota97

Trying to get this buggy going to make a trip RBD this year. Having a few problems and I'm sure someone out there knows the fix.

1. Running 1 tons with stock calipers.. disc all around with wilwood .75 bore 1.4 stroke for a 6:1 pedal. I've bled the lines numerous times and have all the air out. The reservoiris full of fluid with no leaks anywhere. When I apply the brake it goes to the floor unless I pump it 3-5 times. Let it sit a few seconds and try again, I get the same thing. I've never delt with wilwood, is this normal? And am I missing a piece of necessary hardware?

2. Hydraulic steering using factory gm pump, single ended ram, and orbital. I read to mount then reservoir higher than the pump to keep from starving it. However, when trying to fill the system to work the air out, all the fluid is running out of the ps pump cap. So cap it off or lower the reservoir? I'm new to this if you can't tell. I appreciate the help!

#2 recheck your lines, ensure its actually your return line hooked to the reservoir. I also usually try and pre fill cylinder and lines before I start bleeding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, the master was bench bled. The master is also above the calipers so I'm not sure the pressure valves would work?

Re:

I welded a fitting to the too of the pump and then plumbed that to my reservoir.