• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

starter question

pokey

just me
I had to put one of these gear reduction starters on my jeep to clear the headers and of course it came without any instuctions. So how do I wire it ? I assume the main battery cable goes directly to the batt. and the small terminal goes to the "start" wire on the ignition switch. I just dont want to burn the thing up win I start it for the first time.

Attachments

• starter.JPG
    starter.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 105
sounds right. the only other style i have seen is ford style with just the positive wire going to the starter. i would try a quick bench test but i do think you are correct. thats how my starter works.

You are right Jim, and you are definitely gonna want to shield the end of that starter somehow, or it will die an early death....May have to modify the header for clearance...or change the header altogether.

Yeah. Factory Ford on the gear reduction starters is the small wire goes to the starter side of the fender solenoid, and the large cable goes right to the battery. Don't really need a fender solenoid, so you should be fine running it right off the switch.