• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

STEERING PUMP OPERAating ANGLE

monstaru

STEERING PUMP OPERAating ANGLE?

Has anyone had issues with mounting a TC style pump on its side?
Thanks

Last edited:
OK, My logic on this is that the pump is full of fluid and it does not matter which way it is oriented. Is this the case? Bueller,Bueller? lol

a rig that i work on from time to time has the tc pump mounted so the pump feed is coming in at the 3 oclock position.. hes had no issues and has been like that for 4 years

a rig that i work on from time to time has the tc pump mounted so the pump feed is coming in at the 3 oclock position.. hes had no issues and has been like that for 4 years

That big feed line from the reservoir is at 3'o' clock in most of the pics I have found . So that seems normal.
Mine is at about 1'o'clock. Think it will be alright? I would hate to eat up a nice pump.

DHR, the pump is closed, feed from a reservoir. so regardless it will be a special bleed situation? am I making sense? lol
cheers

I am finding you need to pay attention to the inlet and the flow from the reservoir. Don't put hard bends or a really long hose that sags (Howe said keep it less than 24") or the outlet out of the res below the inlet on the pump...

I mounted mine at almost 3ocl or like 2:30 just a little upward angle.

I can tilt it up a bit. I am gonna have a hell of a time mounting the res. with those constraints though. hrmm.:scratchhead:
cheers

well I read all the info and I still had/have issues... I am in the middle of rebuilding my steering...