• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Steering shaft rag joint

Zukiman

So I have shredded the rag joint on my samurai twice in the past two years, second time today came on the Busywild..;...:rolleyes: Anyway I was wondering what a better fix is than just throwing another one on, what have you used? This is on a samurai to toyota steering box. Thanks.:mad:

I dunno if it was the "right" thing to do, but I ditched the rag joint all together when I put Saginaw steering on the FJ-40 I had years ago. I planned on doing the same with my current rig ('80 Toy pickup w/Toy IFS box).

Is the box leaking, soaking the rag joint? If not there are ways to eliminate it by going ujoints at both ends with a splined slipshaft, or 'D' shaft for body-to-frame flex/movement....

Seth

Yeah Seth was with me yesterday and in true fashion he broke a front axle...:looser: He has a new rig that is set up nice, toyota on propane,dual cases, 5.29's.caged with a flatbed. Shoulda called you guys yesterday but it was a last minute trip.Pretty good day although with my 33's I carved the center hump down on the trail from start to finish!:masturbanana[1]:

hell ya give us a call my new house is done and i'm itchig to go. thought you guys have forgot about me. how is sadie creek lokkig around now?