• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stickies in tha south worth it???

I'm running 37" irok stickies and they are awesome. My next set will probably be something in a 40", but I'm going to run these until they stop working or fall apart.

Depends on your driving style. If you like to mash yer motor up big, loose dirt hills, 43 TSL stickies are perfect. If you like more technical stuff = Reds are perfect.

I'll never run anything other than reds for my wheeling style. See you at the top :dblthumb:

Re:

I just mounted a set of SX stickies and double bead locks on my ole buggy I hope they are as good as y'all say!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Re: Stickies in tha south worth it???

I'm a technical guy and I absolutely LOVE my sticky treps.

I went from a 42 TSl to a 43 sticky, I can't believe the difference. There's no other tire as far as I'm concerned.

I bout have my new exhaust out the back of mine, new 43 tsl stickies laying in the shop floor are next! Got a new double pass Ron Davis radiator also. Going to GMP last of June to try all this out.

Re:

Just got my double pass in too, I loves it!! Dropped my head temp by 20*f. I wheeled mine with the 5:38s and stickies this weekend and couldn't believe the diffetence!! I don't have to beat it nearly as hard it to get to work now! I loves my "hook tars"!!

Went to Morris Mountain this past weekend with a set os 43 sx stickies for the first time out, they do make a difference on the rocks and on longer loose stuff. Going to try them out at Chocco next.

Re: Stickies in tha south worth it???

I'm far west from you guys and luckily I have seen every sticky tire manufacturer in my park put to work before i made my decision. Clayton is my back yard and it is 97% rock. A sticky regardless of brand work night and day different from a non sticky. What I have noticed is that the "sticky" compound from interco, Goodyear and maxxis are almost identical. The main difference is tread/lug design. Obviously that makes a difference in places. A red label is a girl all her own. She has a compound that is nothing like the other brands. She is most like a BFG drag slick to the touch and in performance. Since her lug design is not as aggressive she doesn't work as well in the mud and loose dirt.
I have paid close attention to how all of them work. In my area and type of wheeling when all of the stickies are put to the test minus the red label, every one of them has to be heated up before they will grab like glue. The red grabs like gorilla tape with no heat.

So in the the parks you guys wheel, I would vote for the soft sticky from the big 3. Come out west and those 3 just can't beat a red. I think you'll like the trep alot. Man I wanna come wheel with you guys!!

Even on the East Coast, I think the Reds will hurt the feelings of all the other stickies more times than all those will hurt the Red's feelings. :dblthumb: :driving:

I have 37" sticky Treps and they work great on dry rock. Just got back from AOP and my Treps did not seem to do as well as the MTR's when everything was wet and slick.

TacomaJD said:
Even on the East Coast, I think the Reds will hurt the feelings of all the other stickies more times than all those will hurt the Red's feelings. :dblthumb: :driving:

I agree completely. Love my BFG red labels. Makes me look like a damn good driver lol.

Re: Re: Re: Stickies in tha south worth it???

infamous1 said:
Lol!! I got accused of cheating Saturday!!

Cole said it best: "You are cheating yourself if you aren't running stickies now"

Re: Re: Re: Stickies in tha south worth it???

TacomaJD said:
Cole said it best: "You are cheating yourself if you aren't running stickies now"

agree!!! makes it a more enjoyable weekend when your not waiting on everyone to winch up an obstacle or break there junk beating the **** outta there rig