• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

still have my job **whew**...

muchado

Today was a day to count my blessings. ~45 people were layed off at work today :gtfo:

:'(

Moved out of my plush office into a cube. Not complaining but there's gonna be less hardline time and more work for this fool... Couldn't last forever laughing1

Pretty damn sad to see coworkers that work hard, have families, etc. just be let go like **that**.. :eek:

When you say layed off does that mean there is a chance they will get there job back. Or are they gone for good?

Cole said:
When you say layed off does that mean there is a chance they will get there job back. Or are they gone for good?

Gone for good. We're not a union shop.

3 weeks severence is what I heard. **** good luck finding a job in 3 weeks.

I've heard other people talk about lay-offs but today his close to home, I've never seen it like this before. I always seen numbers on the TV and it seems common around here that Sprint lays off like 300 people at a time... But today that was 45 people that were a part of our team. Seeing old women walking out with everything they have in their hands crying is crazy. Head count now at our facility is 352...

I hate that we are at war but it keeps me in a job. I just hope that when and if they do have one it does not effect me. :eek:

Sucks Big Time! Glad You Still got your Gig..... I got laid off from Four wheel parts and Then a Week in a half later got my Job offered back to me..........Luckily I Had already Picked up a Job that lets me Work Half the hours and make more money....So I was glad. Except for the fact I Missed out on the wide open Baja trip that the store won! WHAT BIATCHES :wtflol:.... OH well With This Job I will Surpass what ever 4 wheel parts had to offer me!

The economy is in bad shape. I have had to lay off six people in the last two months. Had to do two just before Christmas. It is hard enough to do it but just before Christmas really was hard on me.

if things go south kelly i want a shot at your iron worker
hope it works out for you and the wife

(((( in no way did i try and make this out to be a bad reply ))))

Our company is doing cost saving measures. Being in the automobile industry that employees thousands every little bit counts. I turned one in yesterday which might make a few mad. I mentioned holding back company match 401k until the economy improves. At that point they could match a little more to kind of repay us. But the stock is down and we are pissing money into 401k . My company matches up to 6% and with my avg. pay with 800 team members that = 1.44 billion. About 15% make more so I think the number would be about 2.0 million company match a year. I would rather have a pay check during these times than a little going into 401k. :****:

Latest posts