• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

STL - Easter On The Rocks - April 17-21, 2014

Re: Re: STL - Easter On The Rocks - April 17-21, 2014

rednecklights said:
I had a good time.

Matt it was great meeting you and your family.

I think my favorite spot was the "rock" creek or maybe that small Rocky hill Josh and I played on. There is plenty of land at the park , it just seems everything is a hill that you will roll multiple multiple times if you dont make it or a driveway.

The park is close to me ~hr and we will be back but I would like too see a better map with trail head names instead of the numbers. With all the small pig trails its hard for me to navigate the park and i have been there a few times. Maybe when im John G cool I can get private guided tours ;D

Im very pleased with the staff. Tyler took a lot of time bs'n with me. I reckon he's good people. The ladies in the office have been great to me and my family everytime we have went.

I hope the small turnout was due to the holiday weekend , but that really disappointed me that there were so few hardline folks there.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

We need to hook up at some point so I can take some of those lights off of your hands. Número dos, when did the Sami show up? I saw you and didn't even know it. Third thing, you are second banana, but it was a close race. My Jeep will be done in a month or so and I will personally take a day or two off from work to give that Sami a work out. I may even change your mind about dusty main trails and the proximity of crawler trail to each other. Just got to get someone to lead that knows the way.

LandSpeeder said:
If a problem exists with this park, it seems to have not enough 2, 3 and 4 trails. It's either a double track, or a balls deep hill. Even the first timer with no protection said he wished there were more trails for him. Meaning, some level 2 type trails.

The more I ride it, the more it becomes my favorite place to go to. I LOVE the easiness of camp setup, check in, and riding, AND the staff.

Dually noted, keep em coming. I am learning and I will be cutting. I have three trails in the 2 to 2.5 range that need to be cut in.

muddinmetal said:
Hardline used to have so cool as rides baxk when it was a more tightly knit community.... and razrs gayed everything up

And back before Someone got rich off of coal and sold one of the best parks in AL out to coal mine company for the love of the dollar.

This park is County run and has the management with an ear to hear what everyone's opinion is and what could be changed and improved upon. I just like the people and office, campground, pavilion, bathhouse at this place it's far nicer than anything else around

B.DRAKE said:
And back before Someone got rich off of coal and sold one of the best parks in AL out to coal mine company for the love of the dollar.

This park is County run and has the management with an ear to hear what everyone's opinion is and what could be changed and improved upon. I just like the people and office, campground, pavilion, bathhouse at this place it's far nicer than anything else around

I hear ya, but none of the 10-12 Hardline rides I know of were @ graycoal

muddinmetal said:
I hear ya, but none of the 10-12 Hardline rides I know of were @ graycoal

I know that bud but I also met almost everyone I know off Hardline at GrayCoal, where they use to have the member rides at you couldn't have a member ride now there is just too many people and it's "Secret" lol

B.DRAKE said:
I know that bud but I also met almost everyone I know off Hardline at GrayCoal, where they use to have the member rides at you couldn't have a member ride now there is just too many people and it's "Secret" lol

If it can be rented in Oct. this year ( they told me no last year, because of hunting season I guess), we'll go tear **** up for my birthday :****:

Count me in on a private ride in October. I would love to get denied on Cable Hill and Tub Rock

Re: Re: Re:

B.DRAKE said:
You my friend obviously didn't see the good side of the park, I can ride the whole park and never see the main road much at all but Hey not everyone handle being in gods country (Cullman County) so you just go ride wherever you need to ride, you had already talked yourself out of liking the park before you even went so I don't wanna hear it. The park is awesome and people are great and you don't have to dodge scrap metal or junk to ride but hey that's not for everyone. Stoney is awesome and caters to everyone that wants to put there opinion or time into so that's bout all I got to say about that. :****:

Lol you lost a little respect from me with that overly opinionated post. I clearly stated Stoney is a great place for "offroading" it's just not for me and the type offroading I enjoy.....didn't mean to offend you by openly not being impressed by your apparent favorite park ever. And I have no idea what the **** you are talking about with the whole dodging scrap metal talk.

Apparently open minds are just a rarity in general in the South. I am unable to understand why it should be imperative that I automatically like the place just because someone else does. I could give a **** less if any of you liked the places I like to wheel. That just means you wouldn't be out there at my favorite parks fawking off in my way when I'm trying to get some wheeling done! :flipoff1:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

rednecklights said:
that'd be a WITC reference lol
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Never been there either, but judging from recent context, I think it was a reference to Hale Mtn.

Re: Re: Re:

TacomaJD said:
Lol you lost a little respect from me with that overly opinionated post. I clearly stated Stoney is a great place for "offroading" it's just not for me and the type offroading I enjoy.....didn't mean to offend you by openly not being impressed by your apparent favorite park ever. And I have no idea what the **** you are talking about with the whole dodging scrap metal talk.

Apparently open minds are just a rarity in general in the South. I am unable to understand why it should be imperative that I automatically like the place just because someone else does. I could give a **** less if any of you liked the places I like to wheel. That just means you wouldn't be out there at my favorite parks fawking off in my way when I'm trying to get some wheeling done! :flipoff1:

Let's let interwebs words be what interwebs words be......words typed behind a computer. Bradley and Josh are both stand up guys.....even though autocorrect said huts twice :wtflol:

The park needs work and I agree. Honest opinions usually hurt, but they will spur me on to get the place looking better. Josh May not have hit all the best trails, but he shouldn't have had a personal guide to find them. Work needs to be done and I am good for another 18 months or so. After that, the parks on its own ;D . Until then, I hope to drag more folks out that are as opinionated at Mr. Piper, Dean and 347 to point us in the right direction.

Right now, we have plenty of entry level trails.....anyone disagree? I didn't think so. There are plenty of bouncer hills....anyone disagree? Didn't think so. Level 2-4 is lacking on a 1-5 scale.....anyone disagree? Maybe, but they should be easier to find at minimum. I will work on it and post up in the http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=29063.0 thread

In 18 months, if I didn't sort the 2-4 problem, then I am not worth my salt and you guys should tar and feather me :****: in 18 months, i invite Josh and Matt back on my dime if they don't like what the park has become + beer money :)

Re:

I wasn't trying to piss anyone off, just stating my honest opinion. I've watched all the vids of the obstacles that I did not see while I was there and have an accurate idea of what all is there. In a couple year's time with plenty people beating on some of the trails and rain washing away all the dirt, exposing more rocks, some of those trails may very well turn into some cool obstacles. Everyone likes different types of wheeling. I'm not saying that just because I didn't have a fantastic amazing wheeling experience that it's a bad park, I just prefer different types of terrain that other parks within roughly the same driving distance from me offer. Just an honest, unbiased opinion, nothing more. As I said before, others may not like the stuff I like wheeling, and that's okay and certainly expected. That's why there's so many various rig setups or rigs in general (ie Rzrs, Atvs, bouncers, mild trail rigs, etc). Drives me crazy when an honest opinion based on one's experience is viewed essentially as "oh well you didn't like the park, well you're an idiot." No more posting about this place from me, my view has already been stated, no further need to continue beating the dead horse.

True, there aren't enough 2-4 trails but that's being worked on. It takes time to uncover everythign. Kel and his crew (3 or 4 guys) have done one helluva job, by hand, in such a short time. A year ago Stony was "just an atv park", now look at it. There are balls out full assault trails and it's getting props from some of the Hardliners.

I wasn't tryin to hurt your feelings nor do I want hard feelings I was just expressing that Stony is a great park and is trying their best to be a good crawler park and they need criticism to see what they need to capitalize on. As far as it being my favorite park yea it's one of my favorite with HPO being one of the other just because it's a nice clean park and no BS just lying around.

Anyway glad y'all had fun and hope to see y'all on the trail soon!

I like the park, Tyler is great to work with.

What I think it needs is some long 2-4 trails that meander through the woods. Long trails. I am not a fan of the short loops where you continue to hit the main road. I do like the main roads through the park, it makes recovery a snap to just about all areas. That is a huge plus. However, I don't want to use them as a trial, so we need more long through the woods trails. These new trails do not need to be made with a dozer, so that means it will require volunteer help. You cannot expect the limited park staff to take on such a project.

Only pics I got. These were on Thursday before folks started arriving.

9evure5u.jpg

8a5y9uga.jpg

u9epu3yd.jpg

gupa6aqu.jpg

aqu3urep.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk with my left thumb.