• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

stock/street class mud racing... who's in???

CheapJ7

Mustache rides?
Ok.. Not asking you guys to go out an mud whomp the buggies...
But lets face it.. Mud is fun when you don't really give a **** about whats going throught it, combined with this new competition /racing bug goin around...

We'll i've got the solution... Mud racing.. No not the straight line drag or mud bog... but a heads up race (racing against clock but two trucks on track at a time...)
banked turns, muddy sections, and a finish line that's you'd better cross before your opponent...
Several different classes, but we're goin to run the street class this year.. Basically has to be a "stock looking" rig with original engine (Modded or not) and DOT tires...no cut tires...
Heres the other awesome part.. only $10 bucks to enter per driver..run as many of the classes above you as you want...

Our truck...
85 chevrolet, 350/465/205 half tons, 3:73's, skinned bed (loosin flat bed..), small lift, open long tubes, intake run in cab, and P Buckshots...
cage, seats, and harnesses, and a whole lotta raise hell and DGAF...
BM002-1-1.jpg

Figure we'll be in the whole deal for under $1500 bucks... race the first sunday of every month starting in April I believe...
Races at offroad Tuscaloosa. Another track that races is offroad westover in Talladega, Have to check their schedule...

Have an official rule book i can get a hold of... think about it guys, Whole lotta fun adn racing for a good price...

check out teh videos from off-road tuscaloosa.. these are mostly of the upper classes since the street class isn't very big.. YET..

heres the track in tuscaloosa..
Monsoon Benji vs Sumbeach Bruce

old track
Gizmo smoking the course at the local Mud Track. Extreme Racing

and the one in talladega..
off road westover(Rawhide&Gizmo)

Were talkin low tech here guys, for the street class that is... not a huge expense and a lot of fun...
The open and modified class gets expensive.. Usally low tech booty fab suspensions, but DAMN nasty motors and trannys...
The more guys we can get the better it will be...

A bunch of us went to the Talladega mudd race a few years ago & saw that GIZMO machine KICK ASS , that was a FREAKIN CRAZY TRACK ,

And one HELLUVA a fun Sunday hangin out, grillin good eats & drinkin with friends , we saw some CRAZY CRASHES in that first left turn :****:

is that track back open again :dunno:

zukiscott said:
is that track back open again :dunno:

I'm thinking it is, Have to let Haley (wontwork) chime in on what the schedules gonna be and whick tracks are racing....
But yea, open class has some nasty crashes.. I'm talkin lets get some guys together for a little low buck racin..

Somewhere where Jimmy can talk **** and lose and Julio can drive like a fool... :drinkers:

Ok heres the deal on the classes. Just a general rundown of the rules, not official.

Street- Must appear to be stock and have DOT tires. Has to be a full body truck and it doesnt matter what motor size you run.
Stock- About the same body rules just more limits on the motor. You can run the good ol tractor tires though.
Modified- You can raise the foor and bigger motors.
Super Modified-As big a motor aas you want. Tube frames and all that good stuff but no nos or turbos or any of that stuff.
Open- Anything goes.

Yes the Talladega track is open and they are opening one in Gasden at the Green Valley Speedway.
Not shure on that tracks schedule but i do knoe that Tuscaloosa is the first sunday of every month and Talladega is the third.
The first race is April 11th because of Easter.
If all else fails im in for the competition with the stock class.
Anybody that needs any race prep help needs to let me or wontwork know.
Weve got some experience in that field. :dblthumb:

CheapJ7 said:
Neither have you at Tuscaloosa... :flipoff1:
Did the last time made it in 57 seconds.
I did figure id jump out of the track at that 3rd turn and land around the tower. :****:

Its a dang good time and it is in my blood for shure. Building a truck is simple and can be done in about 2 weeks from nothing to racing. The rawhide truck in one of the vids was built by me and dad in 2 wks and it is all al. cab.

Nice pic by the way 86tank.

For you that dont know that is my dads old truck that him and Benji (86tank's dad) drove in the 80's. Last year Benji drove Gizmo last year.

Yes in the stock class all you really have to do is make it around the track.
The stock trucks have more competition than any other class.
Its in my blood to and got hooked on it last year when dad started driving Gizmo.
I got lucky enough to rebuild the old Maytag and drive it. Never done anything so fun.

heres a good start for someone...
found in the classitides...

1985 chevy scottsdale 3/4 ton,no motr/tranny.350.00obo.1981 chevy 1/2ton no mtr/tranny350.00.1970 ford 1/2ton no mtr/trans 700.00 good body.1989 nissan 240x needs timing belt 500.00obo.1983olds cutlass 4dr 500.00 Call: 205331-2675

:drinkers: Yes that is right, getting our parts together now!!! :driving: :****:

Surface Mine #1 Night shift team will be kickin ass :****:

I went by GreenValley today on th way back from a job and didn't see anythng lookinn like they wee breaking ground on a mud track. had the dirt track and go cart track prepped along with the parking area. This place was abouot shut down around 2 years ago(everything in weeds). Maybe they will build something?

Brian

The green vally Track was in the dirt track last year.
They may not change it but that's the word. It was a great track for the stock trucks to.

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Just out of curiosity, why not run paddle tires?

It was tried by my dad in the 80's didn't think it would handle well in the turns. For some reason he didn't like them and went to coop tires then tractor tires like everyone runs today.

wontwork said:
It was tried by my dad in the 80's didn't think it would handle well in the turns. For some reason he didn't like them and went to coop tires then tractor tires like everyone runs today.

What if you ran Paddle tires in the back and tractor tires in the front?