• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stokes flavored CJ build

oh yeah i finnally got a new camera for christmas so i have no excuse to not be taking photos! the last one died a month or two ago

looks great nice and low and clean but just wondering what happend

Dec2010009.jpg

to much heat lol

looks great nice and low and clean but just wondering what happend

Dec2010009.jpg

to much heat lol

ha kinda thought to myself someones gonna pick on that. it was a hole in the frame that i filled at the same time and i just have not got around to hiding the evidence with some grinder lovin haha

Finally picked up a set of coilovers for the Pig! found 4 fox 14" coilovers with all the springs for a good price. but the bad news, i hate to admit that i didnt notice that two of them are Coilover airshocks :mad:.
imagejpeg_2.jpg

imagejpeg_5.jpg

and the C/O air shocks
imagejpeg_8.jpg

imagejpeg_7.jpg

someone school me here, will these shocks work well for me? im getting the impression that there ment for a lighter rig but then again im only building this jeep to crawl so mybe they will do fine? they come with some nice heafty weight springs to support things.

It's probably worth noting that I lived with blown shocks on the last wheeler for who knows how long:redneck:

From what I've read the hybrids do very well. You can run them with or without the springs, which is nice for adjust-ability. Check out pirate for a lot more tech on them, there's a few threads on the pros/cons.

yeah after i went back and read more sounds liek they will be good! i have the rear axle truss and mounts all welded and am working on getting the real links situated. ill post photos sooner than later!

eh! i have been lazy with the update pics. heres some i have upload, plus i have pleanty to pull off the camera haha.

covered the hurdle of welding up my truss to the cast iron diff, pre heated with a burner unit off of a natural gas water heater running on propane :laughing: haha it was good we stuck a old pane regulator on it and brazed the flame port shut so we could drill it smaller. worked good! all the pictures are on my friends camera so ill need to hunt them down. found it really hard to keep the heat up (600degrees) had my buddy drew fallowing right behind me while i welded with the rose budd to keep it up to temp. my buddy at centeral welding gave me two or three pounds of Nickle tig rod for free :grinpimp:
2-28-11024.jpg

to ensure that the truss goes no where i tapped two 5/8s bolts into the diff and welded the heads in. haha just to make sure things stay put
2-28-11025.jpg

track bar bracket
2-28-11028.jpg

2-28-11027.jpg

added more bracing to the truss for a stronger touch, plus the start of mocking up my unbalanced ram. full hydro is so cool:smokin:
2-28-11043.jpg

and yes the galvanized tie rod is temporary ha:;
fully exstended to the pass side
2-28-11042.jpg

seems to fit good? opinons?
2-28-11046.jpg

2-28-11046.jpg

2-28-11041.jpg

added more girth to the rear truss too
2-28-11032.jpg

turned out good!
2-28-11033.jpg

disk brackets made, took way too long to fab. haha would have been cheaper to just have bought someone elses brackets
2-28-11035.jpg

here is the desired full bump, notched the frame to fit
2-28-11008.jpg

2-28-11008.jpg

2-28-11009.jpg

the real links are done! pics to come, machined the uppers at my work and farmed out the lowers to taylor at heretic fab. his 4130 tempered links are trick for sure :smokin:

oh yeah! got a chance to mesure my belly hight, should be around 20" pretty pleased with that :D