• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Store Bought 46

L

lowbudgetjunk

Hell, I haven't even run the numbers yet, but I think my store bought a 46 Ford 1.5 ton. Search Stubby Bob Fails on Youtube and you'll see what the plan is. Big block, 4 speed, race readies and some throttle to make it all come together. This is replacing my 7.3 and Dodge Caravan. Truck will be the back up vehicle and I am going to try and buy a custom double cab ramp truck from the 40's....seeings how they were never built this way from the factory.

This is the start. Needs some floor pans, sheet metal, big block and a boat load of other stuff.

Attachments

• 46 Ford.jpg
    46 Ford.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 136
In. I have a soft spot for old cab overs. I want to make a ramp truck out of one so bad.
I know they are over used but I would drop a 12v in it.
What will be finished first, buggy or this?

Two schools of thought to remember. I have two separate bank accounts. There is mine and then there is the stores. I limit my personal spending to an amount that barely lets me wheel and makes me scrape together enough to bring food while I am there. Though the store isn't rich, there is enough money there to fund this project. I will do what little I can on this project and it will be completed by a semi-professional.

BTW, Red Buggy is coming along. Gotta wait for a few weeks for my monthly allowance then its time to cut and build the lower rear link bars. Then I will have to get a little outside help to get me past the next hurdle. The Sami does take up time that I can wrench on it, but I am making steady progress weekly. Add to it the remodel on the Revcon (which I make progress on weekly as well) and the work on the tractor and the Willys and I have too many projects. But, I have found a way to work through and spend hours a week on all of them and it works for me and my sanity.

Anyone know anything about 20 inch split wheel tires? I am going to put new tires on it before I try and move it from its current location. I have seen some 7r20's 8.25r20's and some a little wider. These aren't exactly go to the store and pick them up anymore kinda tires. As well, they are starting to get a little spendy. It will be a while before the truck will get driven, but I do want a set of new tires to roll it around with.

Please tell me you are driving it home. From Texas or somewhere. All it needs is a battery and a couple 5 gallon gas cans. Where is your sense of adventure :rolf: :rolf:

JohnG said:
Please tell me you are driving it home. From Texas or somewhere. All it needs is a battery and a couple 5 gallon gas cans. Where is your sense of adventure :rolf: :rolf:

If it had an engine, this would be a no brainer. I did, for a brief second, consider towing it with a strap behind the 250 down the interstate ;D

lowbudgetjunk said:
If it had an engine, this would be a no brainer. I did, for a brief second, consider towing it with a strap behind the 250 down the interstate ;D

Don't let that stop you, just carry an engine with you to pick it up, takes what, an hour at most :flipoff1:

I have a tow bar that I pull semi's with, if the break down. You can use it. If something goes wrong I don't know nothing!
I always have a driver in semi.

JohnG said:
Don't let that stop you, just carry an engine with you to pick it up, takes what, an hour at most :flipoff1:

Eddyj said:
I have a tow bar that I pull semi's with, if the break down. You can use it. If something goes wrong I don't know nothing!
I always have a driver in semi.

Y'all two ninjas gonna get me in trouble. Looking for a Big block that will matte to the 4 speed transmission so I can drive this big girl home.

I do wanna keep the non syncromesh 4 speed, but might have to opt for a big block with a later tranny for ease of wallet. Tires are spend, but thats ok.

Here's the look I am going for, though my truck is a few years older.

Attachments

• stubby-bob-roadkill-44.jpg
    stubby-bob-roadkill-44.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 94
U just need a chain in a pipe to keep it from rear ending you if you pull it back....and somebody to steer it I guess....I'm sure you can come up with a awesome way to get er done :woot:

Get a donor cummins 12v dodge and be done...

whiskeymakin said:
U just need a chain in a pipe to keep it from rear ending you if you pull it back....and somebody to steer it I guess....I'm sure you can come up with a awesome way to get er done :woot:

Get a donor cummins 12v dodge and be done...

This big girl will fit on my trailer. Just got to get some tires on it first.

I am hoping to go with a big block Ford. This is gonna be an around town mobile. No need for fuel economy or anything that makes sense. Loud, clunky and uncomfortable is all I am going for.

lowbudgetjunk said:
This big girl will fit on my trailer. Just got to get some tires on it first.

I am hoping to go with a big block Ford. This is gonna be an around town mobile. No need for fuel economy or anything that makes sense. Loud, clunky and uncomfortable is all I am going for.

Cummins would be cool and practical as a tow rig. You said you are tired of the 7.3.

jpony645 said:
This! You gonna hate that stock 1 ton '46 suspension and transmission.

I've had old vehicles before. I promise, that's what I like. I daily drove a 61 Studebaker wagon for years. Manual steering, manual brakes love it. I know this doesn't make sense to anyone else.

kmcminn said:
Cummins would be cool and practical as a tow rig. You said you are tired of the 7.3.

This vehicle won't be used to tow. Too short and I am going to have to take out a bunch of leaves to make it ride worth a ****. Double cab shall be a diesel, I promise.