• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Straddleline Closed?

ChevyGuy

Well I know Straddleline is a seasonal thing but my friend that worked there said its closed for good. Kinda figured after that chick raised prices. She wasnt a good manager person, WHATEVER she was, she needed to go back to racing her airplanes. This place wasnt really for her.

There was a users meeting on 09/20/10.

The County Commissioners clarified that the Straddleline ORV Sports Park will reopen for 2011. May be county run or private run.

There will be a follow up meeting in a couple of weeks. The park manager has been terminated.

Are we gonna have the old manager? Or at least someone cool? Any info on prices? Or should I just go to the website

When you say old manager, do you mean Tom?

I'm not sure who the manager will be. Will probably depend if it's county run or private. Ditto for prices. There's another meeting tonight so hopefully more info is available. I'll post up what I can find out.

There is a rumor about a local race promotor **Cough** Ted Devol **Cough** might be looking into taking it over and actually making it a worthwhile place to go. Last year was a joke. They raised the prices and offered less in return.

The meeting was tonight, I doubt Tom will return unless the county runs it, and maybe not even then...

Yeah I think his name was Tom.

And I agree that last year was a joke, I went once, year before that I went about 7 times. Hope 2011 Will be a better year.

Cant wait for updates

At this point without the NOVA funds being restored or a private entity taking it over, Straddleline isn't planning to reopen next year.

They counted on a lot of money from NOVA grants to operate the park. That is partially why last year sucked so bad there.

Our club was going to do two tufftruck/mud drags per year but the lady in charge would not let kids 12 and under in for free so we found a different place. Our club held events there in the past that were very profitable for the park but it seems they no longer wanted 4x4 events, just dirtbike/quad events so they could make more money off spectator admission fees.

Our club was going to do two tufftruck/mud drags per year but the lady in charge would not let kids 12 and under in for free so we found a different place. Our club held events there in the past that were very profitable for the park but it seems they no longer wanted 4x4 events, just dirtbike/quad events so they could make more money off spectator admission fees.

I loved every event you guys put on there, and ran my junk every time i could. You guys put on a good show and it was nice at straddline. To bad, they lost money not havin the slingers out there. :looser:

Oh well.

The tufftruck races and mud drags were freaking cool! I took TONS of videos 2 years ago of the trucks, I went 1 year ago with my Jimmys and it was just dirtbikes and quads doin the whole mudfest thing, was kind of upset.

At this point without the NOVA funds being restored or a private entity taking it over, Straddleline isn't planning to reopen next year.

They counted on a lot of money from NOVA grants to operate the park. That is partially why last year sucked so bad there.

Was this what came out of the meeting yesterday? I haven't talked to the people yet that went to the meeting so am wondering.

From parties that attended the meeting on 10/04/10...

"The park will reopen in the spring and it is yet to be determined if it will be operated by the County or a Private Vendor".

From parties that attended the meeting on 10/04/10...

"The park will reopen in the spring and it is yet to be determined if it will be operated by the County or a Private Vendor".

Hmmm....OK So they have the funding back? Or are they just ASSuming that they do? I hope it is the "Private Vendor" because I think he will run it a lot better than the people who have been involved with it.

Offroadangie
PNW President Join Date: Feb 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**PLEASE SEND THIS ON TO YOUR LIST**

There is another meeting to help determine the direction of the Straddleline ORV Sports park when it reopens in the spring. The meeting is scheduled for Monday, October 18th, 6pm at the Timberland Library in Monetesano. The meeting room is located around the back of the building on the bottom level. The County Commissioners are getting the information needed to decide whether the park will reopen as a County run facility or be contracted out to a private vendor. There are pros and cons to both ideas and as 4 wheelers we need your support. Brandon & I have attended the two other meetings and are the only 4 wheelers there. If you would like more information or would like to ride along to the meeting on Monday please give me a call at 253-381-7916 or email me at [email protected] . There have been alot of emails going out to the motorcycle community for privatization. Like I said I think there are pros and cons for both but we need to have people show up and voice their opinions. Both meetings have been really constructive. I have had conversations with a person who has voiced an interest in running the park. Before I can support that I would want a written contract protecting the rights of the 4 Wheel Drive users but I need to know what you want.

I would also like to know if the price were right who would be interested in hosting an event at the park. Let me know what you think and we would love to see you at the meeting,

Angie Marek

Latest posts