• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

strait pipe chevota wheeler

GREIWEDILLON

I was thinking of strait piping my small block 400 thats in my toyota that is 100% wheeler only it has hooker headers.

Will strait piping it cause anyproblems ?

Does elbe evans or Naches/nile have any rules against strait piped rigs ?

Thanks,
Dillon

Does DNR have a rul against it ?

I was thinkiing about seeing how it sounded and save the mufflers and maybe put them in later.

Thanks,
Dillon

Gotta have a flame arrestor, so no straight pipe. Bottom line, if a officer hears someone disturbing the thing people go to the woods for (peace and quiet) then hes going to hunt you down and get some revenue.

Gotta have a flame arrestor, so no straight pipe. Bottom line, if a officer hears someone disturbing the thing people go to the woods for (peace and quiet) then hes going to hunt you down and get some revenue.

What he said! Must have automobile type muffler (no glass paks).

just dont....besides the fact it sounds shitty...you need a spark arrester...

X3, or however many times it's been said...I tried the straight pipe thing many yrs ago on a SB chev I owned---lasted 2 days--too damn annoying, not to mention the legalaity thing in the woods about spark arrestors....

what do you run on that boat of yours :fawkdancesmiley:

Hi compression, a big camshaft, and good heads.

All those items sound great with open headers and even better with basset baffles. When ya turn on the boat it gets ran hard. I dont have to drive it to the lake or crawl at an idle all day.

The OP truck has NONE of those items. It will just sound like a V8 puking ina tunnel.