• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Striped head bolt

LSO

Ok guys i finally got the money to get a new head and cam for my 22RE, after cracking it at the best in the west. So im really picky about cleaning when i put motor back together so i cleaned out all the head bolt hole really good. But one of the little bastards striped on the first of the 3 torq sequences!
So i instatly thought i have to find a new block. But before i do that i figured i would ask if anyone has ever helicoiled a head bolt hole. Im woried that there wont be enuff threads, and when the bolts stretch the will strip the coil. Any way im out of cash and lookin for option to get this thing back on the trail. So if anyones done this before please let me know.

Thanks
Bela

Ok guys i finally got the money to get a new head and cam for my 22RE, after cracking it at the best in the west. So im really picky about cleaning when i put motor back together so i cleaned out all the head bolt hole really good. But one of the little bastards striped on the first of the 3 torq sequences!
So i instatly thought i have to find a new block. But before i do that i figured i would ask if anyone has ever helicoiled a head bolt hole. Im woried that there wont be enuff threads, and when the bolts stretch the will strip the coil. Any way im out of cash and lookin for option to get this thing back on the trail. So if anyones done this before please let me know.

Thanks
Bela

What kind of stripes are they? Tiger stripes, zebra stripes...?

Use Keenserts, much better than helicoils.