• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Strong IFS?

How heavy is your right foot?

I snapped a front shaft pretty easy on 33's and open with very little throttle.

This was back in 2010 but I have no idea how they held up. I'd call rcv. http://m.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=217626&page=3

seems like even if you get the axles strong enough, the arms might be weak and break easy. Not sure what kind of wheel travel you can get out of stock arms either. I'd SAS it unless your hauling across the desert. With that said... KOH winner last year was solid front.

why not use a fullsize chevy IFS and build off that ? have custom axles built to toyota outers.

Put a throttle stop on it and it will last forever. No really I've got a friend he talks to me about this all the time I'm always trying to talk him into straight axle he keeps bringing me magazine articles on beefing toyota ifs up some company in cali is useing t100 axles and custom control arms I'll ask him who it is and let you know.

if you got money u can do anything. take a 14 bolt narrow tubes to 2 inches have axles cut and splined to about 4 inches, drill outer axle ends to fit full size drive shaft flanges and u-joints out to any outers you want! It will do better than any dana 60, but what is the point ? cool and different ?

Not that you would want to use it, but Ford's ttb front ends (D35 and D44) have been used with 35" tires with little to no issues. Just saying.

Re: Re: Re: Strong IFS?

mcmen0317 said:
Yes more so a Toyota 4Runner anywhere from 92-2003

There is a HUGE difference in pre 96 model ifs and "Tacoma" ifs (96+).

For mild trail running, sure, anything will hold up. For anything else, don't waste your time unless you are wanting to build a prerunner style truck with long travel... Then fitting 35s becomes very difficult...

Best idea is DON'T lift it, run 32-33" tires, and enjoy it.

Or, build it right with a straight axle.

Latest posts