• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stumpy: The Sticky Beater Rig.

2DoorRunner

Since my 85 got ass raped, i picked myself up an 81. Some lift, i beleive its a 4 inch trailmaster, a newer long block, 35 mts, buggy leafs, and its regeared with what feels like 5.29s.

Couldnt pass it up for 800 bucks:awesomework:

1231111632.jpg

I doubt i will keep the flatbed like this for long. I dont like wood...:eeek:
1231111635.jpg

imagejpeg952.jpg

imagejpeg953.jpg

The interior of this truck is sticky. Like he gave a fat kid a bottle of syrup and let him go to town inside the cab. I need a 55 gallon drum of purel after driving it:puke:
imagejpeg_2.jpg

Got the ****er from bremerton to silverdale before i gave up on trying to keep it from overheating.
0101121730.jpg

Last edited:
Got her running well and all prettied up this weekend.

0109121910a.jpg

0109121911a.jpg

God damn cluster **** of cali emissions BS. All of which has been mixed and matched by the tweakers that owned it:mad:
0107121848.jpg

I even did a lexus v8 swap:redneck:
0108121526.jpg

Put a new starter in it last night. Went to take it for a test drive, and the starter is hitting the flywheel. Was pretty easy to find the cause of the problem. There was only 2 bolts in the bellhousing, and both of them were loose:rolleyes: The other holes are either so full of crap that nothing will thread in, or they are stripped.

Now im just waiting on insurance to let me start stripping my old 85 for a nice drivetrain.

Last edited:
HOLY rear shackle batman!!!

lol looks good. I have been wanting a toyota for a while.....and at 800 bucks i could have afforded this one :awesomework:

They are nothing compared to the buggy leafs that are held on with ONE u-bolt! Its nice rear suspension, just needs some work before i do any serious wheeling. Dont wanna poke an eye out with one of those shackles

Got some better ones from my 85. I will end up with a pretty flat shackle angle, but its worth a shot. I like my junk riding like a caddy.

Last edited:
One U-bolt? :eeek:

At least those shackles arnt angle iron....i have seen that **** WAY to much. OR garden hose cut up used for heater hose.......:rolleyes:

The upsidedown leaf mounted to the frame. Its held in place by one u bolt. Not one ubolt on the actual leafs. Even i would drive that!

This whore has been up and running since sunday night. Id like to give a big :flipoff: to all my co-workers who said i wouldnt finish it.

For the record, it is NOT a direct swap. Had to **** around with the wiring quite a bit, ended up needing help from a buddy.
Cut about 6 inches out of the rear driveshaft, and lengthened the front like 4 i think. Also made a t case crossmember adapter plate, because the 5spd mount is farther back.

Runs alright, but has a misfire. Replaced plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. Next step is a coil. Then re do all the wiring. Along with a gm one wire swap.

And i gotta say, driving in the sleet with no wipers is no fun. Replaced the motor last night after work. And they worked for about an hour. Switched from high to low speed, and it **** out on me:rolleyes:

BUT, i cant complain, i finished it just in time for the snow. It does much better than i thought it would, even with the light rear. And i just deposited my insurance check, so i will have some shiny new parts coming soon.

Oh and it has 5.71 gears with an LSD in the rear:cheer: Gonna throw the lsd up front and the usual spool in the rear.

Sorry no oics. Same looking engine. And some average welds. Nothing picture worthy.

Last edited:
Lowrangeoffroad once again shows outstanding customer service:awesomework:

0128121206.jpg

0128121205a.jpg

0128121205.jpg

Finally found why the truck was running like a pile of ****. Bad ground for the fuel cut off solenoid.
This whole truck is a wiring basket case. My buddy helped fix my tail lights, brake lights, heater, and all the dash wiring yesterday. But after leaving the shop the tail lights and dash lights stopped working again. Which lead to getting pulled over for the 2nd time in about a week:mad:

High steer would be going in today, but im moving into my new place. No more crashing on friends couches or sleeping at my parents house.

Swapped in my 85 front axle, 4.88s gears this weekend. The 81 front axle has some very ****ed up trunnion bearings.

Drivers side leaf pack had a broken center pin, so the pack blew up when i lifted the truck off the axle. Fawker almost took my toes off. The passenger side pin was just about to sheer off too. I ground on some 10mm grade 8 bolts to hold them together. I now wish i would have pulled the packs and put new bushings in, they still need to be taken care of.
0204121756.jpg

Working alone i had to get creative moving around the axles.
Pulling off the procomp lift springs.
0204121837a.jpg

Then setting the axle on jack stands to install it. 3rd strap around the pinion made **** easy.
0204121845.jpg

Before:
0205121523.jpg

After:
I welded up all the small holes in the cab, as well as the broken seat brackets.
Im still looking for the grommets that plug the bigger holes. Does anyone know where i can pick them up without getting bent over? I would weld them up, but i pull them out in the summer so i can hose out my rig after every trip.
0205121927.jpg

So damn happy to have solid floors. Absolutly no rust, minus the slight surface rust that came right off.
0205121617.jpg

Painted this bitch too. Hate blue:flipoff:
0204122309.jpg

0204122310a.jpg

Last edited: