• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

supercharger

crumski1

hey guys any of u all runnin superchargers? i just got a smokin deal on a whipple charger. i have had several turbo an supercharged street cars and they are alot of fun but just wonderin how this would work out on my jeep. cant decide if i shuld put it on an let her rip or save myself alot of grief and just pass it on. the jeep already has a 6.0 in it with a few mods so it shuld make sum good power but more power just means more **** breakin. let me know what u all think. thanks.....

Is the kenne bell for the 6.0? They make awesome boost right off idle, would be the only choice in superchargers for a 4x4. I have a vortech on my mustang.

Dont do it unless you want to get deep in the pocket. I owned a buggy for about a year with a Vortex and it broke parts almost every ride. When you would let out to hit a ledge it would still boost to expose of for that split second. I broke several front axles until I went to RCV then went 2 lockers. Upgraded that then went 2 ring and pinions. Another upgrade and then I ripped the guts out of the tranny. Maybe it was just the way I drive but it didnt like me.

Ever have any issues with over-heating? I think superchargers are awesome but not really worth it when you're losing realiability.

thanks guys. i already have the rcvs in the front an 35 spline chromolys in rear with detroits an good ring an pinoin with a atlas. my tranny will b my weakest link tho.

crumski1 said:
thanks guys. i already have the rcvs in the front an 35 spline chromolys in rear with detroits an good ring an pinoin with a atlas. my tranny will b my weakest link tho.

Had the same setup. Tranny went out

felipecj said:
Ever have any issues with over-heating? I think superchargers are awesome but not really worth it when you're losing realiability.

No overheating issue

crumski1 said:
what trans did u have?

I dont know who built the original one but after $1400 later PTC built me one for it. Rode one ride and sold the buggy