• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Suzi Q Samurai buggy build

Its about distribution of reduction plus shock loading.

With the rear case in LO, the peak torque the drive train sees is at the output shafts, with the rear case in HI the rear case input & output shafts see the same torque. And the rear case input is smaller than the outputs, so it becomes the weak link.

TBItoy said:
Its about distribution of reduction plus shock loading.

With the rear case in LO, the peak torque the drive train sees is at the output shafts, with the rear case in HI the rear case input & output shafts see the same torque. And the rear case input is smaller than the outputs, so it becomes the weak link.
: :dblthumb:

clemsonjeep said:
Ahh I see. Not sure if this is right but it's how I perceive it. I think about it like pedaling a bicycle with the front on the largest sprocket and the rear on the smallest which makes it the hardest for the rider to pedal on flat ground. If that's the car when your tcase is in high range then it seems like it would put more stress on the input gear (crank on the bicycle).

Whatcha think?
:dblthumb:

Well the Atlas went in. Took it to Dixie Run to tset it out. I'm really liking the new gearing options and I used the front dig a time or two on a couple sharp turns. All that and the piece of mind with it being a strong case made the upgrade worth all the work.

Pulled the old engine out in preparation for the new one.
93ccd5775bd8efd4011a98d8965e6606.jpg
7bc9e1347eaf7f26bf19eb33168cf875.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cant believe it's been over 2years from updating this thread. Since the engine swap I have had to cut off the rear of the chassis and redesign it and I put a 14 bolt in the back after bending and spinning the rear 60 tubes.

How about that freakin red suburban in the background?! Good grief

New tube work looks great man. That's an awesome little rig.

That pic doesnt show the half of it.
Oh and someone asked about the suburban. It's.... uh.... a..... huge project I've been working on for a while now for a customer. Andy and I started it over a year ago. The specs are, 54's, super built 12v cummins, 5 ton Unimog portals, full chassis, cage, Hybrid exo, roof top tent, rear steer and thousands of other things. It's basically being built to drive cross country (yes on the highway LOL) as a no expense spared expedition vehicle.

Latest posts