• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SX2s

xjmarc

Wannabe Bouncer
So what's the word on these. I know a couple of people running them but have only had them a short time. I'm looking at replacing my TSLs and can get a decent deal on these in a 40 and I can still run my 15" wheels.

I know I had some 40" TSL SX2 in my garage and some 42" Iroks next to them. Both brand new.

The SX2 were significantly heavier and flexed way less by hand.

All I can say, but if it was for me, I wouldn't go with the SX2. Maybe the regular SXs ?

Looking at intercos site they are heavy but the regular sxs don't come in a 40 for a 15" wheel and the price on these is hard to beat. Need to get rid of the 44 up front before I go that big but thought I'd see what folks thought about them. Need to pick up one of those 05 60s.

I am not at all a fan of the sx2, I haven't ever seen anyone do anything impressive with them but that's just my 2c. Sticking with the 15in wheel is going to limit you there. I guess it would depend on what kind of riding you do? is the jeep driven on the street any?

smbroady82 said:
I am not at all a fan of the sx2, I haven't ever seen anyone do anything impressive with them but that's just my 2c. Sticking with the 15in wheel is going to limit you there. I guess it would depend on what kind of riding you do? is the jeep driven on the street any?

Rarely ever sees pavement and I can go to a different wheel just already have 15" beadlocks. It's just a trail beater.

I'm a big fan of 17s because you can run just about anything under the sun. They cover just about every sticky tire out there with the exception of the 42 red I believe.

But, if you want to stay budget friendly I would rock the 15s and see whatever deal pops up on a used set and rock out. thumb.gif

One of the well know tire dealers told me the SX2's are garbage. Said they are made overseas. He didn't specify why though. I was looking at a 37" for a 17" wheel. Id love to hear some real world feedback on why they are not a good tire.

I was also told they was made overseas and they havn't figured out the right compund yet. ??? ??? ??? They are hard compared to the tires made in the USA

Yes the SX2 series is made in China, one reason why they are cheaper than other comparable Swampers. They did come out with several really good sizes in SX2's awhile back, some that aren't available in the other tires that would be comparable to them. They look good, aggressive, come in good sizes and priced nice but they're still a China made tire. Be nice if they would've came out with these sizes in the regular SX's that are made in the USA. Most of Interco's stuff is made over here except the SX2, LTB's, Irok ND's.

I am running a set of 40x13.50x15 SXII. They work great side walls are a little stiff even with 2lbs. I have been really happy with them so far and seem to be just as tough as other Interco tires.