• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Syncro vs. Deversion?

Maverick26

As iron sharpens iron...
I am entering the market of buying another new welder. I want to get a tig of my own and I am really happy with the way Miller makes welders so I figured I would stay with them but I am open to better options. I was first turned on by the Deversion 165 or 180. Then on some other forums some guys are saying if your gonna spend the money you might as well save up a few more bucks and get the Syncowave 200. Is the Sycro water cooled? what is the pros and cons of both... info please! Thanks.

IMO a diversion in more of a Hobby machine. If you plan to do alot of TIG welding I would buy a Snycrowave. A snycrwave has much more control and adjustably. 200's are set up to be air cooled, 250 and larger are usually water cooled- but you will pay much more for those. Look on craigslist. I always seen 200's in like new condition for under $2K.

Ya I was a little worried about the Deversion being a little light duty. I really like the idea of the sycrowave 200.. I really cant afford a 250 or anything like that right now. I hear that the 200 is upgradable to be water cooled also. I think I am sold on the 200 but I just wanted to chat with some people that have more seat time then I do.

The Syncrowave 200 is a good machine. However i felt like it could use some more headroom on thicker material.

I send my vote to the syncrowave 200 with a water cooled torch.

I am in the market for a nice tig and I started looking I found the Dynasty series fits my needs better. The machine runs a little more money in the beginning but requires less amps to run and also takes up less space in the shop. I am getting less and less space and running into not having enough power for my shop needs now.

Here is the comparison of the two http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/AD4-8.pdf
http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/AD4-4.pdf

If you go to the bottom it shows the input needed and the Dynasty runs at 20 amp while the Syncrowave runs 54 amps (both on 220v and at 200 amps output) I would think if you started to use this heavy you could re coop some money in the power bill.

This all being said I would like to step up to the Dynasty 350 as I do not like to outgrow a machine of this type of investment. But I can see how some people would not like the $8k price range though. The nice units, that have a liquid cooled torch, in the 200 amp range all run around $4k as a runner package. You drop $2K if you go down to a air cooled torch, remember you get what you pay for.

Edit: if you can go for a 3 phase unit, your pocket book will like you better in the end.:awesomework:

Ya I hear you on all you points. Thanks for all the info. I have to stay within a budget right now and the syncro 200 is at the top end of it. Im sure I will be happy with it and I am not sure if I will use it for production type welding. Most of the TIG jobs I have lined up are small but pay well.

I just thought I would throw my $.02 out to ya.:cool:

Sometimes it helps and other times just makes the wish list grow bigger:redneck:

Im headed out this weekend to look at a 2004 Syncrowave 180 with the coolmate 3, 20' leads, foot pedal and some consumables. All ready to go. I have a bottle already so I hope its in good shape and works well cause ill buy it. It only has 1300 arcs on it so he says. Sounds like a solid machine. Any thoughts? Whats it worth?

If Tomsbrokeagain isnt intrested. My boss is selling one of his old Synchrowave 350's :cool:

How in the FAWK did he come up with that number? :haha: 1300 arcs :haha:

If Tomsbrokeagain isnt intrested. My boss is selling one of his old Synchrowave 350's :cool:

Not sure how he came up with the arc counter.. he said there is a way that you can get the count. Anyway it was Randy's old Tig from Big County Customs. Its a nice setup... cant wait tell next week to get power in the new shop so I can use it. :cheer:

Attachments

• TIG.jpg
    TIG.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 54

**** man!? I want the thing but......$$$$$$ is tight right now so if he still has his in a month to two months I will be all over it.:booo: