• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired T-18 to Toyota transfer case adapter

Just curious as to what in the world you would be building that you would end up running a t18 and Toyota case?

he blew up his 22r so hes pulling the yota engine and trans out and putting a 302 and t18 in and bolting the t18 to his yota doubler

buggy68 said:
he blew up his 22r so hes pulling the yota engine and trans out and putting a 302 and t18 in and bolting the t18 to his yota doubler

sounds like an excellent way to break lots of Toyota tcase parts :****:

al1tonyota said:
AMEN!!!! :wtflol: :wtflol: :wtflol: use anything else!

x2 T18s usually came with Dana20s or NP205s behind them. I'd use that!

You won't need the doubler with the granny gear in the T18 (plus v8 torque)

Just tryin to save you some $ and heartache

Re: Re: T-18 to Toyota transfer case adapter

The weak part will be the front axle shafts, they will break before the tcase does. Can't use my tcase in my bronco because then I'd have to use a Driver side drop front axle.

Ive seen 22r's kill transfer case's while the axle shafts held up fine. This has bad idea written all over it. Haha.

I had an 88 pickup blew the 22r and put a 5.0 in its place with an $800 belhousing $150 motor mounts it would break a shaft in the front or r&p in the rear on command! With 33's! You will end up going to tons and only thing yota you will have is parts of the frame and cab! I had around 30k in a cab truck over all the builds and rebuilds!

Going to run it and see how it does or what it breaks but whatever it breaks I'm sure they make more of them every day.

Is it going in a Toyota? are you running a Toyota front axle?

(I don't know what rig you have)

I would flip the axle to driver side drop before spending the $ on an adapter to put Toyota cases behind a v8.

hell, I strongly suggest just getting another 22r.

V8 and Toyota doesnt' mix- I've been down that road (hence the name TBItoy)

I broke 11 ring and pinions, one tcase, one rear locker, 2 30 spline longfields, 1 rear axle shaft, 1 knuckle, a couple hubs, before finally breaking the knuckle ball clear OFF the housing.

Yota axles and tcases belong behind 4cyls.

Ask anyone that has been down this road.

Unless you are just building a street/dirt road cruiser/mud truck. Then carry on and disregard...

Its going in a 1985 4runner. And yes I'll be running a Toyota front with longfields or dirty 30s can remember which it has in it. I'm sure I'll break something somewhere along the way just like everything else I drive but when I do I'll replace it. Everything breaks at some point in time. I know several people with a set up like I'm going with and they only have problems with the short side axle shafts or busted transmission bellhousings.

So after looking around a bit, does anyone even make the adapter you're looking for?

I did see a t18 to np231/Dana 300 adapter.

You could always build a 231-d300 doubler and still have pass drop and dual cases

Yeah I believe advance adapters does, I know someone does cause I seen it the other day. $505 new.

qy3esyhy.jpg

Well there ya go.

Good luck man! ( I'd still pull a couple plug wires or put a 2000 rpm rev limiter on it to go wheelin) molaugh

If your deadset on the 302 then do yourself a huge favor and sell ALL that Toyota drivetrain stuff while it's still worth a ****, your heading down the path of broken wallet, parts and dreams :****:

I figure the rev limiter would be sat on about 5000 then when I get some alcohol in me it'll be adjusted to 6000 haha