• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

T-case drop ?'s

Eric

A friends 2000 TJ with a 4 inch suspension lift. This rig is a mall crawler only, maybe very light trails.

Going the cheap route for a temp fix, trying not to buy a SYE kit yet.

Using washers and longer bolts how far is it safe to lower the skid plate/tcase?

Heres what we are going to do
http://www.4x4xplor.com/t-casedrop.html

just need to know how far I can lower it with out issues.

I am thinking go for about an inch and see if that solves some issues, but if its posible to lower it further then go that route(and use something besides washers :redneck: )

Jeeps are new to me, so any info would be very helpfull

Thanks!

Alot depends on the rig some people put 4 inch lift on their rig with no vibration issues and then some put a 3 inch lift with vib issues....you might buy some steel tube and cut it to length instead of using washers...looks better just my 2 cents but an inch should solve your issues or you can get some square stock and do this

Last edited:
I have never even crawled under the thing, so I dont know how the pinion angle is, most likely not good.

I might look into a small piece of square tube, or even some aluminim stock instead of washers, that is if I can go for a full inch with out hurting anything else.

Thanks for the info

Sure....an inch should be good though...I think that is what I was running when I had my YJ until I put the SYE on it....never had any problems just short shifters

something you can also do is an engine lift. i used a pair of 3/4" thick steel plates. 4.2" x 2.4". drilled out the holes in the right places and used longer bolts with the stock motor mounts. cheap and easy. it tilted the tailshaft down a bit to ease vibrations.