• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

T CASE QUESTION

jewylewy

got a choice

im rebuilding a buddy old 92 1500 so the ole lady can have a trail whale/ mud holer to cruize around in and learn how to drive a stick. After its utter destruction thou plans are to swap the running gear under a strecthed 4 seater sami, for a true beach fagger rig so that we both can drive to the rig wheel and drive home in without the need for a truck and trailer. so far drive train looks like

D60/14 bolt 5.13's
locked front and rear latter i'll swap to a a set cucv axles 4.56 detriot and a spartan for the front

4.8 chevy ls generation truck motor
early 93-94 Nv4500 (6.51 1st gear)
beadlocked 42 tsl's

question is i have a chance at a D300
twin sticked with big 1350 outputs and a 32 spline input
all ready to bolt up, plus the oppurtunity to swap in a 4 to 1 kit in the future if i wanted to
or

i can attempt to source a TH400 NP205 then twin stick it
and then swap front output and i still have less gearing...

remembering that this is eventaully all going to end up in betwwen a sami frame at some point

So like ole Brett would say " What Should I DO?????"

The 300 lasted 2yrs in my buggy. The only reason it broke then was my fault. I landed all 4 tires on rock and was still in the gas...Something had to give. Cost me $40 and about 2hrs work to replace 2 gears. Driving style has a lot to do with it. I'll never be a hero...But I won't have to work on my **** as much either. ;D

Is the 205 stronger....No doubt.

The 300 I'm referring to was in my leaf sprung 1 ton cab truck 302 t18 Dana 300 (32 spline front and rear stock gears and 4:1) 39.5 boggers! It wasn't a bouncer I broke the 300 6 times 3 sets of stock gears 1 setof 4:1 rear output two cases! I try to help people with my experience and wasted money! Good luck! Draco what case you got now? :spin:

al1tonyota said:
The 300 I'm referring to was in my leaf sprung 1 ton cab truck 302 t18 Dana 300 (32 spline front and rear stock gears and 4:1) 39.5 boggers! It wasn't a bouncer I broke the 300 6 times 3 sets of stock gears 1 setof 4:1 rear output two cases! I try to help people with my experience and wasted money! Good luck! Draco what case you got now? :spin:

Damn Adam....That is shitty luck. I wasn't downing you or your driving style....Think you're a hell of a good guy. Hard to type what you mean and it sound right. :) I just had good luck out of mine is all I was saying.

I bought a 4.3 Atlas when I upgraded motors. Trying to get the buggy more up to date with better parts. See if I can keep up a little better in these races. :****:

wow well i really am re thinking the 300 then size would have been nice in the sami thou

Latest posts