• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

T-MAX winch

the tmax controller sucked for a while. Our club back in college got special pricing on the winches but had a few controllers fail on us. I think they have fixed this problem. I have yet to have any serious issues with mine.

OK, since this subject has come up...

If you had to choose: T-max, Costco or HF/Milemarker

This would be for a trailer, 8 or 9K capacity. Cheap is good, but reliability and bang-for-buck is important.

I like Costco cause of their warranty :D but non of the local Costco's seem to have them.
HF is convenient and they sometimes have discounts coupons.
The T-max seems to be the best value, but is more expensive.

If it was a trail rig, cost not so much issue. For the trailer however, its hard to drop $4-500 on a winch when there is much better things it could use...
________
ASIAN VIDEOS

Last edited:

This would be for a trailer, 8 or 9K capacity. Cheap is good, but reliability and bang-for-buck is important.

I like Costco cause of their warranty :D but non of the local Costco's seem to have them.

If it was a trail rig, cost not so much issue. For the trailer however, its hard to drop $4-500 on a winch when there is much better things it could use...

well the T-max wont fail you. But the others might. So do you want to take the chance? The 1 time you really need it is when that HF or Cosco one wont work and you'll say "SOB shoulda got the T-max" :cool:

Karma gets you one way or another and thats going to be your payback. :fawkdancesmiley:

As of last weekend i love my costco winch. Pulls decent for how cheap they are and so far has been reliable. On sunday it paid for its self hands down :awesomework:

And u cant beat the warranty they offer :cheer:

I think you can order from cosco's website. I'm pretty sure my did something like that for a piano

I've seen and heard of Champions giving up after a few uses... I have seen the HF winches get crazy use in retarded extractions and they keep coming back for more... they're just slow. One of my buddies broke his in half and the replacement parts form HF came in mile marker boxes... so just save the $100 over the MM and get the HF.... If you're that cheap.

From a Pirate thread I just happened upon on today looks like Shittiy... um I mean Smittybuilt just came out with a new unit being sold through 4WP. Initial inspections make it look like a better unit that the Costco, HF or MM units and the couple guys that got some already like to over all feal, but they literally just got them so no use/abuse yet. And with a 4wp coupon they come in a little cheaper than the HF.

I'll have to see, might be a good trailer winch.
________
AMATEUR ADULT VIDEO

Last edited:
I have a T-max 12,500 and it has pulled it's share of pulls. The only fail was a solenoid which was quickly replaced by the Manu. Jegs has the 12,500lbs for $662.99. BTW T-max(6.6 hp) has the most hp motor, even more hp than a Warn (9.5xp has a 6.0 hp)