• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tabor (Warn) Winch Issue

jimpaget

Yesterday I was using my winch to remove a recalcitrant dead fruit tree. The power-out function stopped working. I suspect that it is a remote function rather than a solenoid issue.

The winch is a Tabor 9000, which is a Warn winch. It uses a 5-pin controller.

When the switch is held in the power-in position, two pairs of the wires show continuity. When held in the power-out position, only 1 pair of wires show continuity.

Am I on the right track that the controller has probably has executed a GHI (old computer term for "Go To Hell Immediate")?

might have a bad soleniod? try tapping on one of the solwnoids and see if it goes, my 8274 did this. i have a magnum tabor like yours on my buggy and it wires up the same as the 8274. also if you have the stock rubber housed remote, the toggle could have an issue, mine got moisture in it and literally rotted the conections off the stitch.

Heh....wife's put you to work right away eh??!! (No rest for the retired!:D); Sounds like a toggle issue to me as well...have you tried taking it apart yet???

I took the control apart. It is just the rubber housing with a 6-pole switch inside. There was no sign of any corrosion or arcing. I will pull the cover off the box itself and see if I can find a sticky solenoid (when I get a bit further down on the honey-do list).

FM.

I went out to work on the problem today, and it worked perfectly. Of course, it could not have been a solenoid, anyway, since I discovered that I have a spare.

Tabor warn winches are garbage

I had a tabor 9000 on the back of my wheeler maybe 20 pulls on it. I had 3/8 rope wasnt even a year old and the motor took a ****.

good luck with that winch:mad: