• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tacoma rust

ToyZuki

Been keeping my eye out for a Tacoma 4 door for awhile. In Wenatchee their pretty proud of them. Anywhere from '09-'13 their a steady $31k new '14 from $32-34k. Logic says buy a new one! Then I decided for $34k I'd just keep my shitbox and build a shop in the spring instead of a new rig.

Then today an '07 popped up in the nickel for $17k, not a bad price in my opinion with 130xxx on it. The stealership actually has 2 '07s it was dark but I crawled under it with a flashlight and and found tons of spray painted rust. I know they have a history of frame cancer, I just don't know where to look for the worst spots. Anyone deal with the toyota recalls yet? I didn't crawl under the second truck yet but it has a Massachusetts dealer sticker on the tailgate. The first truck was a normal 4.0/6speed. The second truck had TTI or something like that and an auto.

Vin on the first truck was 5telu42n07z353026 if anyone has carfax . I'll get the other one tomorrow in the day light!

I'm a 22r and 3.4 kinda guy, I know nothing about the newer rigs so school me if you would!

Save your coin and build a shop. I don't know anything about those new trucks either. But I do know you'll be more happy having a nice place to work on your junk, rather than spending the money on a new truck with lots of frame rust.