• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya 1 vs. Zukpirate 0

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
A picture speaks a 1000 words. :flipoff:

zuk2yp.jpg

ah, that guy killed his truck... and i told him to hook up his chain & i'd try to pull him out... *(Little white lies, just little white lies)

xda1wm.jpg

I think you could of made it, if you put a little more pedal in it. Or just worked it some more. I thought you had it but then you backed up and really got stuck.

Guess you want a YJ now. :flipoff:

JOOP said:
Damn I just realized hwo deep it was. Did you have water inside?

yeah, just a little bit... and if i would've took it outta 4low & switched to 4hi...

oh'well,

I like the idea, I'm finally getting the thing lifted & geared down. I'm trying so hard not to yank the grand vitara engine out *(2.5 V-6) & stuff it into the sami...

hey, check out this Creepy Crawler.

xdcaqo.jpg

xdcb4n.jpg

ZukPirate said:
I like the idea, I'm finally getting the thing lifted & geared down. I'm trying so hard not to yank the grand vitara engine out *(2.5 V-6) & stuff it into the sami...

hey, check out this Creepy Crawler.

xdcaqo.jpg

xdcb4n.jpg

Think I've seen that thing getting pulled down I-5 a while back. It's huge:cool:

that's one of the coolest rigs i've seen in a long time. is that a power wagon front clip on that?

kyle said:
that's one of the coolest rigs i've seen in a long time. is that a power wagon front clip on that?

No that's an old military truck. The grill is probably still original because it still has the convoy plate on the grill. Notice the rockwell's underneath? :cool:

yeah i thought it looked a lot like a deuce, but don't they have a more squared front end? that thing looks sorta needlenosed like a wagon.

then again, i'm just talking out of my ass

That's not a 2.5 ton truck. I believe it's the same one that's been running around Bremerton for several years. It used to have small axles and skinny leaf springs. I watched it snap a main leaf a couple years ago, and he winched the axle back in place and drove out. Over the years, it's morphed into a mini-monster-military whatchamacallit. Lotsa plates been welded over the years. My guess is an early Dodge build powerwagon. Just guessin'
T.

I wheeled with that guy (friend of a friend of a friend kinda deal) last year. I wasn't terribly impressed. It honestly didn't work that well. He just crawled over the rock piles (when he could keep his carbed 318 running), but my 3-year old could do that with 2 feet of ground clearance. In the rock garden, he got a huge rock stuck in front of his rear axle and proceeded to drag it about 50 feet, re-arranging other rocks along the way.

The part that bugged me most about him was his driving style. He wasn't all 'gas-n-thrash' or anything, but on the tighter twisty sections of the south loop, he was climbing trees with his rear tires on purpose. He could have made every turn without touching if he would have backed up to line up, but instead he let those massive sliders do their work on the trees. I certainly have no room to criticize anyone's driving style or finesse, but this guy was a tool IMO.

And yes, he FLAT-TOWS it with a 3/4ton (IIRC).

64FJ40 said:
I wheeled with that guy (friend of a friend of a friend kinda deal) last year. I wasn't terribly impressed. It honestly didn't work that well. He just crawled over the rock piles (when he could keep his carbed 318 running), but my 3-year old could do that with 2 feet of ground clearance. In the rock garden, he got a huge rock stuck in front of his rear axle and proceeded to drag it about 50 feet, re-arranging other rocks along the way.

The part that bugged me most about him was his driving style. He wasn't all 'gas-n-thrash' or anything, but on the tighter twisty sections of the south loop, he was climbing trees with his rear tires on purpose. He could have made every turn without touching if he would have backed up to line up, but instead he let those massive sliders do their work on the trees. I certainly have no room to criticize anyone's driving style or finesse, but this guy was a tool IMO.

And yes, he FLAT-TOWS it with a 3/4ton (IIRC).

SAME THING YESTERDAY
at Tahuya... i myself didn't witness it... but w/ the banner on the front windshield and even knowing it's only Tahuya.... still give's him no right... wether he's a member or not of the quadrapaws who help maintain the place. to just be a dork & plow over & through everything...

as i ran the south loop at tahuya shortly after that thing came out...

every bush / tree shrub - along the trail.... was mulled & smashed. and the only other rig's were a 4runner & a tj. so hummmmmmmmmm, i'm not bashing on his rig... and it's funny, cause he broke down on the rocks too... but he has no right to be out anywhere and not respect the trail.

IF YOUR TOO BIG - GET OFF THE LITTLE TRAILS - or FIND SOME OPEN AREA!

Comet said:
Well put Zuk, and I agree with everything you said.

wow, I actually got a positive statment out for once, I feel a tear! :D
Not to mention, how well i behaved myself while everyone was out...
hopefully i'll get up there soon to meet ya'all... takes $$$ though... :cool:

ZukPirate said:
wow, I actually got a positive statment out for once, I feel a tear! :D

Yeh I saw that and about fainted. :wtf: Comet agree'ing with Zuk WTF happened? Did his doctor change his meds or something? :wtf:

JOOP said:
Yeh I saw that and about fainted. :wtf: Comet agree'ing with Zuk WTF happened? Did his doctor change his meds or something? :wtf:

now don't go ruining this moment for me... it might change my very foundation of life... i think it already has... from this moment forward...
i shall forever be.... aw' fawk it. I'am who I'am.... Blah blah blah, blah blah!