• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya 2-28-09

Whens the next work party? Id be happy to help toughen up the trails. If people will pitch in on fuel, weve got a backhoe, excavator, dozer, dump truck, etc.

Ahh, wondered why he'd use a winch on that hill. Now i know:)

id like to see and help make tahuya a tougher place with more fun then just a bunch of logging roads you know?

id pitch in on hands and idea's, but now adays the only gas ive got is for my own wheeling rig or my DD. :mad:

all i can say is great job guys! we rode the quads out that way and walked in to take a look. definatly not the same, several hill climbs and one set of rocks that are fairly sunk in now! also noticed another trail looking to the right of the no motorcycle sign in the hill. is that come from where a trail was blocked at the top of broke axle hill?

all i can say is great job guys! we rode the quads out that way and walked in to take a look. definatly not the same, several hill climbs and one set of rocks that are fairly sunk in now! also noticed another trail looking to the right of the no motorcycle sign in the hill. is that come from where a trail was blocked at the top of broke axle hill?

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of "Anarchy Hill". Is it the one that is dirt, but steep enough a motorcycle would have trouble?

If so, to my knowledge, it just goes up and meets the bypass trail/ hill right at the top. I don't think it goes any further than that though.

If so, to my knowledge, it just goes up and meets the bypass trail/ hill right at the top.

no, not the one that is right after the no bikes sign. A dirtbike can take a lot steeper climbs than a 4x4 in loose dirt... there's a rock pile, then to the right of the rockpile and no motorcycle sign is the bypass trail and looking further right beyond that, with no direct junction from that spot is another trail that drops down and goes back up a slightly rocky hill.

Went out to Tahuya yesterday. Yellow Jacket has changed from when i hit it a month ago! A month ago i had a steeply geared 3spd tranny and open diffs and made it up YJH stopping once. Was easy as hell. I installed an SM420 4spd and rear locker and decided to head back and do it again.So yesterday, i made it half way up, barely, and snapped my pinion due to axle wrap and a 2 foot ledge. The rocks are taller now since theyre more exposed due to erosion and tires digging up the dirt and throwin it downhill. Fun times.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have no clue then...

I know a bike can do alot steeper hills than a truck. I just wouldn't take my bike up it and there;s no way I'd take my truck up. Or, the one I'm thinking of anyway.

Yeah, I have no clue then...

I know a bike can do alot steeper hills than a truck. I just wouldn't take my bike up it and there;s no way I'd take my truck up. Or, the one I'm thinking of anyway.

i know which one your thinking of, i'd take a bike or quad up it. but i've been riding steep loose climbs from glamis to cinder hills for years. $100 hill at cinders is 800ft up and about as steep or steeper as the hill you are talking, except it's ash and loose cinders.

the other trail peaked my curiousity, cause i don't remember ever seeing it and one side looked liked it was headed towards broke axle hill. (oppisite direction of the yellow jacket hill)