• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya info?

Jim1973

What's the name of the 4 wheel group that adopted Tahuya? Do they have a site?

Need to get a Legend of the patchwork of diamonds out there.

Thanks
Jim

Thanks. I was hoping they had a forums section or something that could answer my questions.

Does anyone know if DNR has an employee that works out there named Ray? I have been to the DNR employee list and checked the Quadrapaws Forest watch list and "Ray" isn't on either.

Reason I ask is cause this guy Identified himself as DNR but in retrospect it just doesn't feel right.

Thanks
Jim

Ok cool. He pointed out the errors in one of the trails myself and a friend took.

He said the diamond and trail explanations were at the trailhead but I couldn't find one there or at the staging area. I was going off the sign that said "All trails are multipurpose"

Live and learn I guess.

Thanks
Jim

weird... all 4x4 trails usually have a 4x4 marker at the trailhead.. sometimes the locals pull em out and shoot at em though.

Ok cool. He pointed out the errors in one of the trails myself and a friend took.

He said the diamond and trail explanations were at the trailhead but I couldn't find one there or at the staging area. I was going off the sign that said "All trails are multipurpose"

Live and learn I guess.

Thanks
Jim

What trail were you on?

I would say it appears that all the trailheads are marked with their name and once on them I thought you followed the diamonds. Off of southloop we followed a blue diamond which about 3/4 the way thru we decided it looked more like a quad/motorcycle trail but seen more daylight ahead of us then behind us so were just going to finish the trail. Just before a foot bridge (which we would have never tried crossing) was Ray to point out our mistake.

My problem is that along most trails are purple, green, green (sideways with arrows) pink (with arrow) , white with "W", yellow diamonds, blue and blue sideways. With the exception of the yellow diamonds this paticular trail had ALL the above markers and when I went back to the entrance and the staging areas I was unable to find any diamond explanations.

You can tell they put alot of effort into making tahuya sustainable and I will respect the rules but it would help if they had a clear definition of all the lucky charms they are laying out.

thanks
Jim

I know what quad trail your talking about on the south loop.
It is just wide enough for a rig to get through,and did have a 4x4 diamond and I made the same mistake. We thought it was a new trail till the bridge,and realized it was supposed to be for quads, but it did have 4x4 diMonds.